Free play not free anymore

Ahhh the “influencer” who is using their power to encourage folks not to spend money on the game. So then a company changes direction to appeal to their wants in hopes of more financial gain.
Because though the Senator isn’t spending money on the game. His constituents are.

This still applies even in that case.

Making it happen is complex. But for a business to be successful it really is simple.
Make more money than what you spend.
Just like going on a diet…burn more calories than you consume. The goals are super simple.
It’s the ability to accomplish those goals are what’s complex.

1 Like

Ok so,

• I’ve played this game for years/1000’s of hours
  • Supported the game plenty (VIP 11)
  • Managed to save up a nice stash of gems/keys by being wise/thrifty with my resources over the years.

Now all of that means diddly if I want to maintain my complete collection (the main reason I still play this game) now I’m forced to open my wallet. For those who say “It’s only $1 a week” yeah NOW it is, but I promise you this is just the beginning, wait till 6.0 and 7.0 etc. There will be more troops and other things locked behind larger and larger paywalls.

5 Likes

but it would be up to the player if they can spend or not

The essence of the argument is that “endgame” players continue to play to keep the 100% troop count. 5.0 seeks to obliterate that commitment unless you spend real money. Resources have been the focus of updates for a while and each becomes more aggressive than the last. The only guys who will stay at the top are those who feed the greed

1 Like