Fox on the Run

It also won’t impact offenses. Still easy mode PvP on offense. That’s the one problem I have with the “counters not nerfs” approach… it doesn’t hit where it really matters most.

4 Likes

What does the fox say?

Maybe because it’s a public holiday in Australia?

Not sure if you’ve seen it in game or not, but that’s actually this troop’s flavour text :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, it dose! :slight_smile:

yep - thats why i mentioned it :slight_smile: i tried to fix it… but i couldn’t :frowning: apparently i cant change a dev post… GO FIGURE :smiley: :laughing:

1 Like

:smiley: looks like an amazing troop!

Cool new troop… I’m kinda saddened though that we get such a transparent Mercy counter, doesn’t feel like an idea designed for its own sake…

Yes I take on board @sirrian’s point about new toys and old toys… Just airing my view that counters and fixes aren’t the same thing…

…and another week missed to at least tweak Maw’s broken third trait…

3 Likes

Hmmm… not much to say about this fox. It’s a clear counter to Empowered (not including itself thanks to Stealthy), and is ultra rare so it’s not difficult trait. (Unlike Gob-Chomper, a good counter for Marauders if anyone could afford it.)

Instead of Weekly Feedback Report, I’ll leave just the links to make an informed decision.
(God, I'm lazy this week. :P)

Spirit Fox (Redundant link, I know.)
Empowered Troops
Arcane Venom Traitstone

Recommendations:
Venoxia
Star Gazer
Siren
Honorable Mention: Tyri

And a crudely drawn apology pic to close on.

©opyright to me! Do NOT steal this masterpiece!!1!

14 Likes

Now I need a dislike button… To vent my disappointment for not getting your weekly feedback report, which we all look forward to…

1 Like

Sorry about that, Jainus. Forgot what day it was until about an hour ago (:sweat_smile:) so I was late to the party, but that’s not the real concern.

My commentary on this particular troop would be very lackluster considering it’s purpose. Not to mention I’ve got no other feedback to fall back on (balance changes, other troops, etc.), so I felt like racking my brain would be more disappointing than entertaining.

Next week should prove to be more exciting, feedback report then, I promise!
(Still working on the Patch Report too, got to get that finished!)

We need an 8-bit version of GoW to use this pic on!

Mercy i’m comming.

As a guess, the devs are looking into more involved fixes, which might require a version-level code rewrite. I think right now Maw’s third trait has a chance to fire at every skull match – which is a problem when troops like Jarl/KoS/IK/Bone Dragon can fill the board with four or five sets of skulls and get 4 or 5 15% rolls. Changing it to one roll per skull set, regardless of how many matches are in the set, would be a much more effective fix than just dropping the percentage. But it also means a lot heavier coding and testing.

They may also take the opportunity to fix nagging issues like 5-matches sometimes being treated as two 3-matches, which again is a version-level issue and not something that could be pushed out as a hotfix.

3 Likes

Bring it. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I was thinking oh noes another goblin counter just what we needed.[quote=“Zelfore, post:31, topic:8347”]
My commentary on this particular troop would be very lackluster considering it’s purpose.
[/quote]

My doubt is real. Spirit fox is a troop possible designed on japanese culture of foxes or some other culture that has foxes with mystic powers.

There are actually a number of foxes in various mythologies. I believe Finland has one about the Arctic Fox and the Aurora. China, Japan and Korea all have their variations on fox myths. Korea has the well known Nine-Tail Fox, while Japan has the shape shifting one (which seems to be a variation on the old Chinese version).

2 Likes

Okay, I need 3600 Glory to fully trait Venoxia. Treasure Hunts, here I come.

I will test the Spirit Fox in combination with a goblin team that has no rocket. Yellow Gems are usually only in the way.

When I saw the artwork for the first time, Okami came straight into my mind. Okay, the protagonist has the form of a wolf, but still…

1 Like

@sirrian when will the next lot of missing troops hit chests? Wraith and Morthani’s will? is Yeti into chests yet?

Yeti is in there. Received one today.