[Forum issue] Endless forum page

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10x64
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Since “endless page” mode was introduced, it’s the problem with the any long discussion (this one was patchnotes). There are no interface elements that can allow me to escape to the top (or bottom) of the page. I can scroll up, seemingly endlessly, I can scroll down, and until I reach the last (first) message of the thread, I cannot leave the discussion!

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since dynamic pages was introduced.

Steps to make it happen again

• Click “new mesages” in any long thread (Patch notes for me).
  • Observe semi-endless page up and down, without interface elements to leave it.
3 Likes

You’re right. That’s been annoying me too :thinking: . Here’s a half-working fix you can add to your custom filters if you’re using uBlockOrigin or AdGuard:

community.gemsofwar.com#$#header.d-header {position: fixed !important; opacity: 1 !important; top: 0 !important}

Looks like this:

E: Should work with AdGuard now

2 Likes

Another option is to switch to older version of forum graphics…

Go to account options → preferences → interface → Theme and set it to 2018

1 Like

I’m using “Home” button (on keyboard) for going to the top of the page.

I just type “co” and autocomplete URL every time I want to go back to homepage.

It’s better, thank you.

Interface is better. Graphics is… not so. :slight_smile:

You’ll get used to after a while… unfortunately this bug showed up some time ago and seems webmaster doesn’t know how to fix it…

How long has the forums been broken? I cant even remember anymore. Asked about fixing it long long time ago, but it was not a priorty. This is annoying.

And yes, i refuse to use older version on something that really should have been fixed year ago.

1 Like

This is a bit off-topic, but for some reason when my chrome updated, it disabled uBlock because it thought it had become “possibly corrupted.” I repaired the extension, which wiped my filter, so I had to paste it in again. Everything’s working, but it took some extra steps. Anyway, thanks for this, it’s very helpful! (Even if I have to manually fix it after every chrome update :P)

1 Like