Forum banner when Devs not around

I’d like to request a little banner up the top of the forums (perhaps above or below the pinned Wiki) when Devs aren’t around just to let everyone know they might not get a Dev response during that time :slightly_smiling_face:.

This would be on (AEST) weekends, and possibly even after hours during the week (:man_shrugging:).

I often see topics made by newer members during these times who then post a day later saying, “Hello? Anyone?”. I like to be helpful every now and then and let them know, but there’s only so much I can do :stuck_out_tongue:.

Related issue (but not the subject of this thread):

• People who accidentally post in Bug Reports (or similar) instead of submitting a Request are perhaps the ones who need this the most, since their requests tend to be a bit more urgent.
  • New topic if discussing this, please :stuck_out_tongue: :slightly_smiling_face:.
2 Likes

Talkin’ about me? :grin:

I really like your idea. It’s kinda: “The Queen’s in da house!”
(or even not)

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I wasn’t, actually! Or at least not the second bit, just the first bit :slightly_smiling_face:. As I mentioned in your thread, I’ve been meaning to make this request, you just prompted me to go ahead with it :stuck_out_tongue:.

I actually think Salty (the Community Manager) would love a banner saying “The Queen’s in da house!” whenever she’s around :laughing: :heart:.

1 Like

I think its a bad idea, since the rotten people will come out of the woodworks when the higher ups aren’t around.

That being said, I think what I just said is null and void since the devs probably have someone around incase something catastrophic happens to the servers over the weekend.

Perhaps a compromise could be to email those who make a post in Bug Reports or Support if it’s the weekend to let them know it won’t get looked at until afterwards, and/or suggest submitting a Request on the support page.

I think some similar thoughts went through my head, possibly expecting a counter-argument of, “Why not have someone monitor the forums on weekends?”, which has been brought up before.

1 Like