Flying Blind

The Geneva Conference has less War restrictions than Gems of War. :roll_eyes:

Because everyone knows how successful Class Trials were. :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

editing event team then go to world map main menu troop editing lock the weapon selection to purple only until restart

There are some shenanigans going on with scoring, or there is an undisclosed factor affecting drops, or I am just very very unlucky. Here are my first ten fights:

Hydra (10): ?
Epic (10): ?
Epic (10): ?
—Total to this point is 38 eyes, with a minimum possible of 26—
UR (10): 8
Xerodar (10): 20
Hex Rat (20): 8
Hex Rat (20): 12
Hex Rat (20): 12
Hex Rat (20): 8
Xerodar (20): 20

This is not close to the 1.8x average claimed. In fact, the highest I saw must have been somewhere in the first 3 fights, where I averaged just less than 1.5x the base points. I will continue to take data and update as things improve…or don’t.

3 Likes

Where is the scoring in-game ?
There is no strategy. Why do you put several choices of fights when only one is valid?
Please, do something…

Edit: I read the rule for Xerodar’s battle ! and it’s not in-game either .

1 Like

I was about to create a similar post as i thought something fishy might going on…

All my Hydra and Xerodar battles (6 and 4 respectively) gave out minimum eyes.
Didn’t pay attention to the lower rarity ones

1 Like

I am tracking mine and I am getting the same.

1 Like

for anyone keeping track of scoring, what tier did you purchase up to?

I think you get more points when you fight higher level enemies, just like the chief event

Not sure what level you need to reach to achieve 1.8x average

The same here, each and every Hydra battle brought 10 and I had a map with 4 Hydras.
Thats why I noticed in the first place.

1 Like

Sure would be nice if they included that in the scoring details, if that’s true :slight_smile:

I did 28 battles so far. For most of them, I got the minimum points possible. Uncool.

2 Likes

Scoring?

Werebear: 5-10-15? Mystic Eyes
Gargoyle: 8-16-24? Mystic Eyes
Hex Rat: 8-16-24? Mystic Eyes
Shaman of Set: 8-16-24? Mystic Eyes
Hydra: 10-20-30? Mystic Eyes
Xerodar: 20-30-40-50?-60? Mystic Eyes

They seems weighted towards the low end. The ones marked ? I havnt see anyone get yet but should be possible it seems.

EDIT - Probably not correct… but close.

1 Like

I have gotten 12 points from epic battles, and I recorded an 8 from an ultra-rare, which doesn’t make a ton of sense. Maybe that was an epic, and it simply paid out the minimum rather than being an ultra-rare higher than minimum.

1 Like

You are correct. I got a 12 a moment ago on a Hex Rat. Not sure what is happening now.

EDIT Going to stop speculating until I get all of my results from today.

Dear developers, please bring on board someone who actually tests your game before production, even 8 hours per week would be enough to find out 75% of the bugs that emerge every and each time we are presented with some new content (because they’re often gross, like the weapon color filter one in this case). Honestly, this is getting ridiculous (not the existence of bugs per se, but your inability - or unwillingness - to invest in some bare minimum quality assurance process).

A long term fan losing affection.

7 Likes

1600 points per member to close all the portals is going to be pretty difficult with only base points.

Is this yet another thing that isn’t QA’s responsibility?

If you’re going to change the point system every month. You’re going to need to test it every month prior to release. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

ok… ignored the scoring. Used the LB instead to get some estimates on what everyone was earning.

THESE ARE EARLY ESTIMATES

If choosing the highest room rarity each time and fighting the boss every 4 fights…

Tier 4 - 94 Sigils - 1189 avg points
Tier 5 - 108 Sigils - 1377 avg points
Tier 6 - 126 Sigils - 1606 avg points

Needed Per Player - 1,766.6 [53,000 total]

Valravens calculated as (free sigils + shop sigils) x 2.25. It has been fairly consistent in the past across multiple events.
Points at 12.75 per Sigil

This is the first event all over again in relation to cost

2 Likes

Yeah… this is nowhere near 1.8x point. Barely above the minimum. Really do feel like Orc event again, except we know this time that inconsistent scoring is just pure RNG.

Bought Tier 6, all fights win, no Valraven lose.

7 Likes

Yeah… Not sure how I’m going to double my points with 18 base sigils the rest of week when every 5 sigils is a measly 60ish points.

This is a straight up lie:

Why not just take this screen and add the extra points.

Then it may be actually doable.
In fact… What’s the point of the separate scores if not get an actual multiplier that’s missing? @Kafka

That is because you are getting 24. 4 per day instead of 3.

1 Like

Devs, I understand the need for an increase in score for the rewards from last World Event, that part is fine. Even the totals here are fine.

The issue is the scoring mechanic. We dont want 1 that is random. 1 that starts off low, and increases with the increase in difficulty for the fights is fine, thats not random, thats a set scoring method that we understand how it works.

The issue with the RNG approach, and its the reason you avoid doing a lot of things for other events, is because its unfair. If I put in the same effort as someone else, I expect the same rewards as them. Thats how the events are meant to work. As it stands, with the same effort, our scores can be widely different.

I understand that we will get the response of, we are paying attention and tweaking as needed, but going to the extremes isnt what should be done. Hell, you have the numbers here from Redi, as to what the average tier will get in points, and thats from data collecting for a few hours in the community. You should have the numbers already to check and see what is needed at certain tiers, and then pick something reasonable, like t4 which is a guide that has been used in the past and seems to be the sweet spot for players to feel comfortable to purchase and complete.

I believe in the 1st event, most every guild did not finish. I know BD, 1 of the top guilds on PC/Android didnt finish last task. I know a lot of other top guilds didnt either. As it stands with these scoring mechanics it will be the same, not in a form of protest or anything like that, but purely for the cost:reward ratio. It is not worth the time and cost involved for us to push to complete it.

13 Likes