(Fixed) ToD Fight in Challenges

I’ve already said what I think. For me, taking advantage of an error is not cheating. But among all you have created a precedent, to take advantage of some kind of mistake of the game is not allowed. I will still look bad if someone is banned for this but I will not complain because it is the line they have marked

Right but you also have to compare like things.

The “terrible precedent” you’re likely angry about is that people exploited a bug that gave them free gems for doing nothing. That’s “gaining an advantage”, which is generally the thing we use to differentiate “a funny glitch” from “cheating”. Further, as far as we can tell the people who got a lot of gems, then didn’t use them to gain an advantage instead got their gems taken away. It’s almost as if, as I already said, “gaining an advantage” is the line between “a glitch” and “cheating”.

In this specific case, if you go through a convoluted process, you can fight a level 100+ equivalent opponent and get rewards in line with fighting a level 40-50 opponent. That’s technically losing advantage, because if you were doing anything else in the same amount of time you’d get better rewards. We don’t really punish people for cheating to lose, that’s just adding insult to injury.

I don’t think you’re going to agree. I predict you’re just going to flail around and suggest people be banned for doing something that hurts themselves. I’ll pray for you, buddy. May you someday find something in life that makes you happy. In a lot of ways, you’re cheating to lose in terms of happiness.

Now, I suspect this glitch is related to a different one that apparently did get someone banned the other week. Or, at least, their name was changed, we never really got confirmation. I don’t think it’s hard to figure out how the two might be connected, but at least the devs pretended to have dealt with the problem to follow the precedent. It’s been a really bad month for them.

So I’m kind of hoping 4.3 has another few weeks in the pipe. I don’t think we’re finished releasing 4.2.5 yet.

I agree - I was just referring to advantages gained in ToD, specifically. Realistically I should have left the two paragraphs connected :man_shrugging:.