[Fixed in 6.3] Journey allows running illegal teams

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting Journey team restrictions to apply to pasted teams. They get ignored for weapons, possibly for other things too. Since the Journey event has a competitive leaderboard with rewards attached this should probably get addressed.

Steps to make it happen again
1.) Go to Troops and create a team, e.g. Mang/Elementalist, Keeper of Souls, The Gray King, Deathclaw.
2.) Go to “Manage Team” and copy the Team Share Code.
3.) Go to Journey and “Edit Teams…”, “Manage Team”, “Paste Team”.
4.) Play Journey with a Mang based skull team that shouldn’t be possible.

11 Likes

(I play on Switch, where no Journey events have even occurred yet)

it’s not just Journey. In fact most modes (Delves / Faction Assault, Tower of Doom, etc) with restricted Mana colors just don’t seem to restrict Weapons to the same rules, and as convenient as it is, I have to agree it feels like a really obvious oversight/bug and – again – applies to basically ALL event types.

I think campaign World Events (if they had restricted Mana colors) enforced it on Weapons but that was the only time I’ve seen it actually work.

On the other hand, if you are allowed to Paste a team code into the event when assembling the team manually would get blocked (per Mana colors or whatever) then yes of course that absolutely IS a bug.
[EDIT: Nope, that’s not the case. Phew.]

an example

One of my teams: [6832,6362,6226,6538,3008,1,1,2,3,2,0,0,14019]
Attempting to Paste it into a Green Tower of Doom event: confirmed that two Troops are not eligible for the event

Wonder if this was possible in the first Journey event/nobody realised it could be done or reported it because they were using Essence of Evil anyway? :thinking: :laughing:

Hello!

Thank you for posting this and brining it to are attention. The Journey Team restrictions should be applying to the weapon when pasting a team.

I have reported this to the Development Team so this can be fix.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

2 Likes

What?! Since when do we get quick responses/support?

no hate :slight_smile:

I wonder how long it’ll take to fix “this”, so we know how fast u guys can act on things “if you want to”. ^^

2 Likes

This is an old bug even. Personally I keep forgetting about it, but it always crops up once in a while.

This may explain why there is such a large range in battles fought to get the same mileage. I havent lost many fights but yet some people have a similar score with 30 or more less fights. Thats hard to understand based on the intended troop/weapon pool and the AI opposition. Somehow some players are consistently winning much faster than others.