[Fixed in 4.9] Council of Chiefs lag

I play under Android 8.1.0, graphics quality is low, blur off, power saving off, high quality water on.

1 Like

On PC last week I could play Invasion as normal and have a lagging Counsil of Chief battle next during the same session.

1 Like

IOS 10.3.3 on iPad. Lags only on Council of chiefs. Quality is set to Low.

1 Like

I had this issue on my Samsung galaxy tab a SM-P550 running Android 7.1.1
Only on CoC, all other modes were fine. On PC and on my phone the event seemed ok too.

1 Like

Hmm it looks like everyone reporting this is on an outdated OS or older device.

@SpaceOddity I’m curious about your PC specs as that throws off my only theory right now, most PCs should run the game smoothly.

If this happens again during the next World Event please all let us know but please also try updating your Operating Systems to the latest version you can too first to see if it makes any difference.

The team have been made aware this was happening for players, but Salty and I are just trying to see what we can help you do to improve this on your end while they investigate the issue. (Rather than us all sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting) :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kafka: I usually have a lot of other stuff running on the PC, so that could have played a role. Still, all the other things in the game ran normally for me. I was totally prepared to blame the PC load for the choppiness in the new event, but it really struck me when I did the battles for the Invasion event in the same session. It was so much smoother!

2 Likes

I’ll add to this bug report because I’m not running outdated hardware/OS. The same experience for me as has been reported before, almost slideshow-like lagging in battles for the Council of Chiefs and now in the Festival of the Sun event. Smooth gameplay in other modes battles and in GUI.

Hardware/OS: Samsung Galaxy A70, Android 10.

Gameplay settings
Animation speed x4
Quality: Low
Blur: Low
Power saving: checked
HQ water: unchecked

1 Like

I posted earlier in this thread for Council of Chiefs.
New World event same problem with severe lag. Like previously, only world event is effected. Other game modes have no lag at all!

I tried today too. Same problem, and it only happens in the world event.

Yep not near as bad as CoC but still experiencing significant lag isolated to the world event and am hearing the same thing from people playing on all platforms. This seems to rule out all the explanations offered so far and again this is only in world events so whatever it is that is so different about this mode please fix it so it functions like the rest of the game.

Experiencing lag in Festival world event, same as I posted above about CoC, although is not as bad as CoC was . I changed graphic quality to low and the lag is the same as it is on medium.
All other game play is smooth.

Hey just an update that we hopefully have a fix for this issue in the next game update version 4.9.

3 Likes

Dear devs,

As a Test Engineer, i’d like to share my thoughts based on the above stories of several people.

Cause: It’s obviously the event map that’s still being rendered in the background while the battle is rendered on top of it. On older devices it overloads the cpu and boom: fps dead… That also explains why other game modes still run smooth for them.

Solution: unload the event map during battles or at least pause its animations.

4 Likes