[Fixed in 4.6] Faction quests are L1 now?

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I am doing new faction quests now. Before, I could select battle hardiness in the quest line, just as in “Explore” activity. It seems, I cannot do that in the quests anymore. Is it right? Moreover, every single battle during quest line is L1 now. Is it intended to be that way? Why?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Noticed this with quest line just now, so it probably wasn’t this way in the previous (class?) event. But I am not sure there. Not extremely long anyway, as I definitely had difficulty slider in the previous Underground realm.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Participate in quests.
  2. Watch L1 enemies everywhere.

I think it was the same way when the last faction was released.

1 Like

By design, or at least an unintended consequence of a design decision.

The difficulty sliders are gone. They aren’t coming back. Now a quest’s difficulty is determined by “how far it is from Broken Sword”. This one’s an easy one.

This was done so new players have a better sense of “an order” to kingdoms. They probably didn’t think about “Oh yeah, quests are part of Delve progression which isn’t bound to kingdom order”.

I was wondering the same, this is quite an oversight. It was pretty boring going through faction quests with all enemies being level one.

IIRC this also happened when the City of Thieves faction came out, and it was confirmed by devs to be a bug.

Yeah, it’s a bug that will be fixed in 4.6.

Eh. I’ve been playing quests on normal difficulty since the beginning. I rather go through it quickly and just enjoy the story