[FIXED] 4.6 Datamined Token Drop Rates

Can that part be edited simply or is it a pain?

(And thank you for doing this. I was one of those ignorant players of 3 years experience who assumed Difficulty wouldn’t influence token rarity. There’s just so many “gotcha” elements that keep getting added with almost every update. It’s disheartening to say the least.)

2 Likes

Mythic troops are released faster than you can grind the medals for them. I’ll stay at D10 because trying to make all my troops elite is a fool’s errand. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That is ill-advised; unless you experience a significant increase in speed at the lower difficulty, you will gain 15% more Medals on average from Difficulty 12.

1 Like

When you don’t have Zuul or Scorpius to instakill everything and have to manually grind down all those enemy stats, D10 is way faster than D12

The odds have been fixed, sorry for the delay in that.

9 Likes

Just a small correction, for D12, # of rare should be 0.575 instead of 0.576
Thanks for the work!

Just got my first Nysha Medal, out of a total of 51 medals (9, 12, 22, 5, 2, 1): thanks again for the odds above, so I know I’m within expectations and thus avoid wondering/frustration.

:blush::pray::vulcan_salute:

That looks like you got your first Nysha Token, not medal.
Took me a total of 300ish token to get Nysha nine times for my medal, btw.

:relaxed::vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Sry, bud. I assumed you were counting total token.

1 Like

This makes a lot of sense, because I only do Explore 12 and I’m getting Token of Cedric left and right, and common logic tells me that I should be seeing Common and Rare tokens more than Ultra-Rare tokens, but because of the difficulty level, they’ve increased the chances of seeing Ultra-Rare and higher and decreased the Rare and Common.

See, the problem I had with this is that I want to upgrade my Bounty troops, but I don’t want to waste Ultra-Rare medals on Rare Troops (that is, Medal of Yasmine is already 100%, so why would I use Medal of Cedric). But… if I’m having Medal of Cedric drop more often than Medal of Yasmine, it makes sense I should just use that to upgrade, instead of farming a lower difficulty (which impacts my ability to get legendary and mythic tokens).

So I guess in the end… I will be using the Ultra-Rare Medal of Cedric to upgrade my Rare Bounty Hunter Troops.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of using 1 Medal of Cedric on the 3rd upgrade of a Rare troop instead of 3 Medal of Yasmine. Seems like a better economical choice.

1 Like

Well, because Medal of Cedric is the most common drop in D12, you should actually use it to upgrade Rare troops all the way to Gold, with one Medal for each rarity. While one Medal of Yasmine will upgrade it 100% to Bronze, it takes 2 to get to Silver, then 3 to get it to Gold, because Medal of Yasmine is more rare than Medal of Cedric, so it makes very little sense to use it over Medal of Cedric.

That said… it might be worth it to at least use one Medal of Yasmine for the first upgrade to Bronze, then switch to Medal of Cedric. I imagine you could get at least one Medal of Yasmine for every two Medal of Cedric.

3 Likes

In theory, yeah, but then you end up overstocking on Yasmine since you never actually end up using it on anything and you leave yourself with not enough Cedrics to level your Ultra Rare troops.

guess it depends on your priority of troops to upgrade.

1 Like

Well, would be nice to know, if this numbers are still accurate…
And an additional, official statement would be helpful for me.

Lol… Who’s Houdini?
@BARBELITH did you make your own post disappear?

Well, that vanished quick. :rofl:

1 Like

yes, kafka asked me to. she is having someone actually look at the code now

1 Like

and the definitive answer, upon further review

2 Likes

That should probably happen before confirming or denying such things. :man_shrugging: