Fix the AI extra turns

Hi Slypenslyde,

What was so crazy about my situation, was that I was only one strike away from winning the game. The last enemy had 3 lives left, and my troop (my Hero) had an attack number of 7, so I knew one more strike would have killed it.

I had 3 lives left myself, ans its attack number was 11. Ugh!
Anyway, I played again and did eventually win to get to my current level, but still, I was stunned to see that sneaky move, LOL!

I’m still exploring the game, so I just took it in stride. Mind you, if this keeps happening, I’d be like… Grrr… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :rofl:

Maybe one of your troops was frozen on that particular color.

UGH! I exactly also have this issue as well especially when AI does steal extra turns away from me even I KNOW i got my extra turn matches even when i wasn’t frozen either! I hate that! And I also see AI always constantly get extra turns no matter what, even there wasn’t any gem matches for extra turns. It’s like, it just automatically happens for AI which frustrates the heck out of me because I couldn’t make any moves. I barely made 3 turns before AI all of the sudden start getting extra turns one after another nearly 50 turns nonstop until my entire team dies!! This got to be stopped or fixed please!!!

Considering that this issue, as well as not recieving collected mana and extra turns, has been ongoing for years, i have no faith they even intend to fix it. It is a bug that decreases the number of rewards distributed by robbing players of gold, glory, and trophies. I’ve come to view it as part of the house’s “advantage.” Funny that they ban players for exploiting bugs, but they keep exploiting this one.

I agree that there are two issues or bugs - no mana gain on certain 4-5 moves, and the ignored extra-turns that can sometimes even happen for the AI, not just the player.

Still, I believe them when they said that they can’t find the issue, even if it’s there. They need to know how to replicate this bug (the trigger) or test long enough to spot it.

And yes, this is the main (annoying) reason for me that troubles me the most in this game, because it can potentially affect your performance in Guild Wars, Delves, etc.

Any new developments on this, @Kafka, @Cyrup?

1 Like

We’re not leaving a bug like this on purpose, we simply can’t reproduce the issue ourselves and we haven’t had sufficient evidence of it occurring. It’s not that I don’t believe people when they say that it’s happening either, it’s just that we need to be able to see the actual bug in order to see what interaction is causing it - but currently IIRC we have nothing and we can’t find an issue in the code for this.

People say this is a bug, lots of people say it’s a bug so I believe SOMETHING is wrong, but when we go looking for this we find nothing wrong, every single time. So whether it’s an elusive hard to find bug or maybe there’s some visual communication difficulties about what is happening or something else - we still need to determine this.

If you experience this issue the most helpful thing would be a video of it occurring (which I know isn’t easy as it’s a sporadically reported issue). I can’t make this happen on my own game so I need this from you.

2 Likes

Good news is that it can also happen in the Arena match when there are no active traits or abilities triggered, so this actually tells me that the issue is probably not related to any of these.

However, since I did not always record a video of each match, it’s hard to prove, I agree. I spotted the issue at x2 and x3 speed, which is a little slower now in the 4.3 update (short pause between matches/abilities), I noticed that sometimes (unseen) matches that fall from above (cascades), can overwrite your extra turn when another one from above gets you another extra turn. Also, I noticed one other thing. It happened several times with a green color matches. Maybe it’s related, or not. I will do my best to further investigate this issue on my own.

All I can do now, is that I record every Arena match from now on, and hope to get lucky to spot it at x3 speed. I will probably spot the issue in a week or within a month if I am (un)lucky.