fxel.addClass(“fixed”);
} else {
fxel.removeClass(“fixed”);
}
});
//fixed navbar script end//

After that the initial topic page will look like:

but after scrolling the content down the navbar will remain “sticky”:

So at least user could navigate to the content of the forum and see their notifications without a need to scroll to the very top of a longread.

P.S. I will be creating the topic for a fix every day until you fix it.

1 Like

It’s funny how everyone who runs this forum does not give a crap about their users…

forum admin might be AFK for some time…

Current theme is dated 2019… He might have been sooo AFK =)

yes, but this theme worked quite good for few months and went bogus few weeks ago…
I highly doubt it was without any “changes” to the code…

Cannot agree more, but the fix is already there, it takes 3 minutes to implement and finetune it.

For anyone that wants to make this permanent, make it a tampermonkey script. I definitely will. Thank you @Rosenkreuz1979!

To defend the GoW devs, and as a dev architect/manager myself, although this looks like a 3 minute fix it’s not. This fix might break something else that relies on the same code. There’s testing, bug tracking, etc, to work with. There’s also timelines and commitments to other issues/enhancements. They also likely don’t release updates every single day to the website and instead have a schedule on when that happens.

1 Like

Not sure if I can attach a file in the forums. Here’s the script for TamperMonkey to fix this permanently. @Rosenkreuz1979, feel free to put this in your post so anyone who finds this thread can use it.

// ==UserScript==
// @name         GoW Forum Fixed Header
// @namespace    gowfixes
// @version      1.0
// @description  By default, the header on the forums disappears on scroll. This is an issue on posts with many comments where you need access to the header.
// @author       Rosenkreuz1979 and Snooj
// @match        https://community.gemsofwar.com/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

var style = document.createElement("style");
    style.type="text/css";
    style.innerHTML = "#ember5 { position: relative; margin: auto; z-index: 1000; width: 100% } #ember5.fixed { position: fixed; }"
    document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(style);

var navwin = $(window);
    var fxel = $("#ember5");
    var eloffset = fxel.offset().top;

navwin.scroll(function() {
        if (eloffset < navwin.scrollTop()) {
            fxel.addClass("fixed");
        } else {
            fxel.removeClass("fixed");
        }
    });
})();
1 Like

I can see the top bar without this script… am I missing something?

Sorcery. What browser are you using? Here’s what I see without the script:

Just regular Chrome on Windows 10 :sweat_smile:

Are you using the 2018 option that you can select here? I’ve reverted to using this after a suggestion on the forum. It shows the top bar. The 2019 doesn’t at the moment, for most people.

5 Likes

Aha, yep, was using 2018. Didn’t realize a newer version existed!

Thanks for this. For weeks now I’ve been having issues. The worst issue was not being taken to first unread post when clicking on a thread, it would instead take me to the very bottom of the page and I would have to scroll up to find my first unread post…super annoying.

Omg you’re my hero. Forget the script, this is much better. As @Fleg pointed out, having to scroll up on every post is annoying. I’m using 2018 now.

Have you checked its working?

Checked with the Tampermonkey on Chrome - it does not work, it cannot fetch and recognize jQuery instance ‘$’

Works for me with Tampermonkey on Chrome with Windows 10

Thank you for sharing this! I can finally browse the forum comfortably again :+1:

Weird. It works for me in Chrome.