First Guild Seals, now Guild Wars...the daily chores

Well i am not the one putting tons of pressure and expectations onto myself, when my guild is just fine with people having off days :wink:
I used to do this in the past in other games, not healthy, got help, am better now.

I suspect many of us will be doing that in the coming weeks. I kinda like GW, but I feel like I have to do my utter best for it, meaning make a mono-colour team, refine it each week, test it out, play the matches nice and slow and overthink each and every move to try to avoid setting up the AI with too good a match etc. The first week, I loved it, it was new and exciting. Now it’s just time consuming and stressful.

Our guild has no requirements for GW, though we ask people to participate. At this point, I would like to limit my participation to just doing the matches at normal speed, with the best team I happen to think of (probably same one each week) and whatever happens, happens. This means my score will likely drop significantly (I’ve been doing 5/0 for the most part, dropping to 4/1 halves my points). It will affect the guild’s ranking and I feel bad about it. I feel like I should do more and this is entirely self-inflicted, there’s no pressure coming from the other guild players. Some enjoy GW, others don’t, but we get along just fine. And I feel like maybe I should leave the guild (we’re in bracket 5 atm) and find a lower ranked guild where my contributions would make more of a difference (my husband is in a bracket 50 guild and in that guild, I could be a GW superstar with next to no effort, lol).

So, yeah. Soul searching. Over a game, haha! Maybe I can figure out how not to “put tons of pressure and expectations onto myself” too :laughing:

7 Likes

Take any game you want. When something like Guild Wars gets introduced, many guilds and players start treating the game like a job and expect the same from others.

It’s not as bad in this game like in other games I’ve played, though.

But that’s my main concern about a game mode like this.

1 Like

And a job you don’t get paid for is a terrible one!! :wink:

1 Like

Been finding myself in the same boat too. Turns out all of a sudden this silly little game is now taking up extra space in my head and devouring more of my time then before. What was my primary form of relaxing wind down at the end of the day entertainment has now turned into another chore to perform on my daily life To Do list.
Entirely self-inflicted I know. However, if there’s any “Soul Searching” to do it’s going to figure out if I’m just getting to be too old for this crap and just walk away!

8 Likes

exactly that,

i think the border that was passed from non-requiring into a requiring game was when a new game mode (gw) introduced self-limited this-mode-only rewards to go with it.

if guild war troops were not limited to the gw, i think the pressure to ‘put more effort then before’ would go away

4 Likes

I refuse to ever play GW, so I have to wait half a year until the next six come and the previous six are added to guild chests.

Geez, just add them to Guild chests from the beginning. Even with a ridiculous low chance I would be totally satisfied.

2 Likes

When it all boils right down to it, the choice is still yours as to how you like to play the game. It should be fun and not feel like a requirement. Who cares what others think. If you do not want to participate in Guild Wars, just notify your leader and fellow members that it was swell knowing them and best of luck with their choice to participate.

Let’s face it, People. Everyone was given a heads up about this upcoming feature. The handwriting was clearly on the wall. No need to act surprise. Just create or join another guild. Devs don’t care how this personally affects you. Devs prefer to rely on their overall data and focus on ways to add new content and balance things out (i.e., their checkbook). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes