Fellow Guild Masters: What guild QoL enhancements would you add to GoW?

Ah, the announcement board! I knew I forgot something. I’ll add that to the list along with your clickable names idea (which would be amazing!).

And I agree with all your other points, too. I’ve been fighting against creating a forum, or another place outside the game to communicate as that just creates another barrier and something else I have to manage but to be a truly organized guild, the lack of in-game communication almost forces you to.

1 Like

FYI, I believe all of the ones mentioned in your initial post are already in the QoL improvements thread. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Hi @studs, I’m a fan of your post, but I wanted something that was specifically targeted at the pain points of Guild Masters as we are a small but vital part of the community that often gets overlooked or undervalued (regarding what enhancements are added to the game). For example, many of us GM’s waited over a year for the “Guild Patch” that eventually became 2.1 (and maybe 2.2). While I understand why this is, I wanted to shine a specific light on the issues we’re dealing with and the features we’d love to see implemented to help us deal with them. :slight_smile:

Totally understand. Just want to ensure if the devs are looking in one place for QoL stuff that whatever is mentioned here is also there.

1 Like

I appreciate that! :slight_smile:

@ogunther / @Studs,

Did you guys get this one?

Add Guild Bulletin Board?

Thxs @htismage; I added it now. :slight_smile:

Most guild communication enhancements are probably going to be delayed until they figure out what and how they can do on consoles and still abide by Sony and xbox privacy requirements.

Ugh, I hadn’t thought about that; I really hope you’re wrong, but I don’t feel confident that you are. :frowning:

Speaking of which, do consoles even have chat like PC/Mobile or is it something different?

How about a way to prioritize guild tasks without unbalancing guild masteries / statue levels.

Hi @Mahamoti. Can you explain your idea a little more in depth? I just want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly (I’m a little sleepy at the moment, sorry). :slight_smile:

Not a guild master myself, but I think it would be a huge improvement if money left over at the end of a week in tasks was just attributed to the following week’s tasks of the same color, rather than being mailed evenly out to everyone in the guild regardless of their current activity level. Right now it is just an extra step everyone has to take to collect the gold and dump it back in, and if we happen to have members become inactive, that portion of it is just lost.

3 Likes

Agreed; this (the new 2.1 system that you describe) is a bit of a logistic/management nightmare for GM’s because of how they implemented it. I’d love it if they’d consider your fixes or something similar. I’ll added it to the list in the morning. Thanks! :smiley:

I probably missed this but

• time stamp on guild chat.

*Last activity to include log in to the game! I want to see if a player has actually played at all. I need to know if they’ve stopped playing or just not donating. If seals were credited automatically it would help with this. It should be automatic!

*As stated before messages to a specific player for them only. Wish we could also send a notice to their email but that would be too complicated. Not everyone wants to give out emails or should.

*A star by the task I want them to concentrate on.

*To, say, highlight a members name in a color to draw attention to a job well done. Or a symbol for exceptional activity. Give a couple of choices of color and or symbols. This works better than a promotion when it’s a once-in-a-while thing not meriting a permanent promotion.

*Expand the number allowed for each rank and added ranks. The current limitations are difficult for promoting. Ranks get filled too quickly. Not good for moral.

Outside chat programs are a pain in tuchus! Especially when you play on a phone. Guild masters, especially, need to be notified of a message directed at them.
I’m a new GM so am probably missing a few items obvious to more experienced GMs.

3 Likes

These are great, @LYNDALE; I’ll get them added. Regarding your request for expanding the number of members that can be at each rank, I’m not sure if you know, but those numbers get increased as your guild progresses (I’m not 100% if this is via guild rank or guild League; I’m guessing rank). Right now Hoguns is guild rank 221 & league rank Master IV. This allows us:

1 Guild Master
23 Sentinels
45 Commanders
67 Legionnaires

So as you can see; with the exception of GM & Sentinel ranks, we have more rank slots available than member slots (which maxes at 30). :slight_smile:

1 Like

please add - ability to invite a hero from another guild without them having to be out of the first guild

2 Likes

Great suggestion. That is always such a pain and quite risky for the player trying to join a new guild. Added!

1 Like

Should be based on guild level as those around my guild rank do not all have 30/30 slots.

Thanks for the slot info.
Also a darn edit button for guild chat posts! Makes you feel like an idiot saying oops I meant… And then correcting your correction. I’m a terrible typist on these tiny keyboards.

One last thing that would be a huge benefit. Allow me to change that yellow color my posts appear as. It seriously kills my eyes! When the screen flashes at the end of a match is horrid for me to.

I’d also like them to add the ability to send a short message with the invite. On rare occasions, we recruit from global chat. Sometimes these people don’t have an account on this official forum. Also, some of them don’t carefully read guild chat. So, it would be great to let them no some key information like our private forum url and other miscellaneous information in a welcome note.

1 Like