[Feedback] Special offer spam

Yeesh, sure is a lot of negativity here.

Sirrian pretty much said the way offers are being advertised won’t be changed until 1.0.8, which is planned to come sometime mid-December or early to mid January.

People who don’t like the offers will see change, and those who don’t care will continue being fine.
Everybody wins!

For the record.
I’m not trying to impede proper discussion, just attempting to reduce the amount of venom being spit.

A civil and comfortable conversation welcomes others to reflect their views and opinions without apparent discouragement.

While the flip-side of a rude or venomous conversation can only reflect further rude or venomous responses.
So lets try to stay civil.

3 Likes

Locking this thread as I think this discussion has run its course.

1. We’ll be improving the way packs are offered and displayed in 1.0.8, because we DO want to make the game more fun for everyone.

2. I’ve explained the reason why the packs are popped up with the frequency they currently appear at. We simply need to make enough money to support and continue to develop a free-to-play game.

And a final word… I know gamers don’t always feel they’re being respected with stuff like this, but honestly we DO respect you guys… a LOT. Gamers often perceive that decisions are made because we’re greedy, or unintelligent, or driven by crazy incorrect numbers in a spreadsheet. That’s not true at all. There’s a real science behind this stuff, and we have some great, extremely talented people at 505 Games who help us with our statistics. Any decision that gets made on Gems of War is a reflection of 3 things that have equal weighting: statistics, our experience and desires as game designers, and community feedback.

5 Likes