[Feature request made] I cannot save formations in PvP anymore

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Third week in row I waste a lot of time creating the good teams for PvP on given restrictions.
And as soon as week ends, all this teams disappears, except one, basic, in the Central Spire.
I can understand when it’s about the specific zone restriction (like “Mist of Scales troop only”), but it’s type and color which aren’t depend on zone! I definitely had Brown and Mystic teams (which are absent again), and Red team (which was absent the last week). Why it’s so? I hope, it’s a some bug?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since PvP rework (or rather after the first week of PvP).

Steps to make it happen again

• Create specific type/color team and use it for a week.
  • On the next week see how you need to create it again.
1 Like

Setups are saved by kingdom, not by restriction, as it seems. That means, that whenever a troop selection is no longer available, it is dropped from the save.
The screenshotted Broken Lands had Orc in the first two weeks (which was carried over from week 1 to 2), then Blighted Lands in week 3 (which erased the orcs) and now in week 4 Orc again (which erased Blighted Lands).
I think, we had a complete new mix this week with not a single kingdom carrying over from the last, which is why it sticks out more.

Yes, but it’s erroneous then. Why not ignore kingdom altogether, and tie it to restriction? I could swear, I made the blue team three times already. :confused:

I keep telling myself to save the codes for the various setups somewhere, but keep forgetting about it.
I do not trust the developers of this game enough to not mess up something like a restriction based lineup save. Best case, it will from then on keep interfering with other modes, that share the same restriction (raid, invasion, underspire…). Worst case could be anything, including, but not limited to, creating a singularity, that swallows Australia.

You could try sharing the team to Guild Chat or an unused Chat Channel before the reset, then you should be able to copy and paste it back into the slot again.

I e-mail the codes to my gmail account and put them all in a folder.
I have been doing this for years with my successful GW attack teams.
Quick and easy !

3 Likes

Hey, unfortunately this happens due to the current system we have for saving teams.

I’ve made a feature request for a way to see recent past teams or to save by restriction type for each area for the team to consider.

Just a heads up I’ll also move this thread to the feedback section of the forum.

8 Likes

Huh. I hoped it was considered, and simply implemented wrong. Too bad then.

Well, I hope, it can be implemented the same way as “Save the pet” quest teams implemented, at least - there are 4 or 5 teams, I think.

Thank you.

That’s really pretty. I went with Excel because I like the ability to sort but yours is much nicer, visually. I’m seriously considering swapping just for aesthetics. lol

1 Like

as a console player, we will always have to manually re-set teams when they get wiped, even if we kept notes :frowning: Really hope they make a change to this.

1 Like

I’m sorry, Schaafy, that really sounds awful. :frowning:

Know what?

It seems, I’ll abandon this game, as half of my clan already did. :frowning: Why to have a big list of troops, tens of created teams, learn synergies, if each week I need to re-create the same teams now and again? :expressionless: And unbearable list of activities only adds to frustration: I haven’t enough time to participate in everything, even if I wasn’t forced to solve the very same tasks now and again. It was fun and fast game. Now it’s too close to work.

4 Likes

Just bumping this to say thanks for adding it as a feature request. It would be great too see this implemented with changes being put tbrough before the next GW.

If I make a better (say) Orc team I just forward the original Orc mail to myself with the new team code. The old and new then stay together in the one e-mail !

1 Like

That might work on PC, but is a little more complicated on consoles. Or you have to sacrifice (lots of) your regular slots just for PvP and always copy teams again each time you want to play a new region.