Falling For You

I’ve already finished epic trial 1, it is working

I guess I should say it’s working on Xbox One. But if they somehow messed it up for a different platform despite the backlash going on, I’d actually be impressed.

3 Likes

I’d like to add that Sylvasi is also agile, so good luck in skulling him dead.

2 Likes

Well well well - it looks like this week will be a proper sadomaso!

@Jeto - when will we receive offers to purchase extra copies of previous two pets (Vulpacea - Starry Foxite pet, Khetar - Starry Shrynx) ?

Thank you

1 Like

Ehm. My autoplay is actually winning, at least at low levels. It takes a long, long time but who cares.

1 Like

Proof of concept

2 more to do…

Finished the 1st epic trial, took just 40 mins! So much fun! Can’t wait for 7.0 explores remake where we’re forced to play kingdom’s troops only.

Completed the first 2 trials, actually pretty straightforward and not really difficult, but rather time consuming. First one I completed in ~23 minutes, second I forgot to check the time, but similar to the first.
Strategy is t he same as posted by @TheIdleOne above. Keep Sylvasi’s ATK as low as possible, keep your barrier up against Faunessa and Elwin casts, and slowly build up Caprinicus’ damage by hitting Elwin. Once Elwin is dead and your damage in the 150+ region it should be smooth sailing.
You can also try and set up the board to destroy some Deathmark gems with doomskulls, if you’re feeling lucky. I used 2x Nysha and 1 Opheus. Good luck!

Edit: third trial completed in just under 17 minutes

2 Likes

Sileni Guard
Satyr
Caprinicus
The Burrow Warden

Chip back to front as per @TheIdleOne

Watch for early skulls, 5 goes with team, 5 wins 1 troop died to death mark.

1 Like

1 hour, 2 epic trial matches, no win at level 1500ish. First one was basically a test with 35 minutes plus. Second one I was lucky that Faunessa immediately died from a death mark. So I took them down one after another, only a few hit points on the enemy team left. Then my team died one after another from death mark, repeated skulls with 0 attack (but doom skulls hitting still) and one last attack from the last troop within 15 seconds. Gave up then. Not worth it …

I really can’t see much point in even attempting past Tier I.

There are so many other walls in my life that are far more fun to bang my head against.

4 Likes

Agreed. These pets are good candidates for pet orbs. I did the first battle and that was more than enough head banging for me.

Exactly what I suspected - almost impossible to lose yet winning the game might take forever. It’s not even hard, just stupefying.
I did Epic Trials 1 & 2 - little over 30 minutes each - and not bothering further as even watching grass grow provides more interesting action.

High five to the team for their marvelous lineup-building skills and game knowledge!

7 Likes

Pretty easy but very long Epic Trial

1. Steal all attack from Sylvasi
  2. Attack Faunessa with Caprinicus (every spell cast Steal 4 Attack and shift it into Magic) until complete victory over her :stuck_out_tongue: may take tens of minutes
  3. Destroy Elwyn with Caprinicus
  4. Destroy The Silent One with Caprinicus
  5. Destroy Sylvasi with Caprinicus
1 Like

Same experience here as some recent replies. It took a while, but generally I wasn’t in danger once Sylvasi’s attack was gone. Thanks to Idle for the team and general strategy.

Idle’s team (Satyr, Sileni Guard, Caprinicus, Warden) is what I used. Steal all Sylvasi’s attack and then mostly ignore him.

I think the key is to concentrate on Elwyn with Caprinicus at that point, not Faunessa. Elwyn can actually kill you, but Faunessa’s spell does essentially nothing once all your attack is gone, and she and Sylvasi block Elwyn’s mana. Once Elwyn is dead, the opponent’s team is fairly useless. The only way you lose at that point is an enemy doomskull exploding a death mark gem and then you lose Caprinicus. Use 3x orpheus to help forestall that hopefully rare event.

In my Epic Trial 5, I then got to face an Ancient Horror when I killed The Silent One, but it was never able to get past barriers. Added another few minutes, but still a trivial battle in comparison to last week’s BS.

1 Like

I went with Warden / Sileni / Caprinicus / Satyr as my order.

To me, I wanted Satyr available later in the match as a sniper once I had things under control and found Burrow Warden (mostly) useless and therefore deployed her as a meat shield even if she’ll block Blue from Caprinicus early. Also, because I could use her to quickly deplete Sylvasi’s attack early on while boosting her survivability a little bit if necessary. Also, because I could shoot off Satyr a few times early in the match and boost his Magic a little bit by plinking the Armor of The Silent One and to do so without passing the turn.

This is a tedious trial. This is a time-consuming trial. It reminds me of the week when I did Pure Faction runs on Stormsong Eyrie and Mirrored Halls (while copying the Dwarven Gate!) on consecutive days and having each boss room battle last 60+ minutes. And not in a good way!

But at least this can be done with strategy, and strategy other than “trigger a Gnome-A-Palooza and take advantage”.

It’s still “not good”, but it’s not as abominably evil as some would make it out to be.

2 Likes