Fallen Intelligence World Event

I feel for the long battle and dislike the World Events in general, but I’m against making the 60 cap an actual summon cap.

The Mirrored Halls and Stonesong Eyrie, I think, would be much more difficult to win by attrition if the cap actually worked.

It’s not a summon cap. It’s a death cap. I easily killed over 100 of the AI. It just only counts to 60 for whatever reason. :man_shrugging:

God bless your little heart for attempting this dumpster fire of an event. I feel like they hired a dev, he made these world events, he was fired because they were so uninspired, and then 2 years later they decided to just implement them to save money and buy time until 5.0 drops.

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that the scoring would be dependent on a player’s ability to come up with interesting teams and not just “Do the highest rarity fight.”

3 Likes

In my book, best counter for stealth is stun :wink:
AOE is just an addition…
to be honest stun is best counter for most things → excluding fortitude or impervious

i still claim that you just had realy realy unlucky fight. my fights in the event with egg thief in the back usualy look like:
prevent your front row from skull damage and save up weapon cast until egg thief is stunned, than grab him with weapon to the front (i just see him as most dangerous troop in enemy team). Rest is a bit like cleanup… ( i know enemies will get even thougher with higher lvls, but main tactics stays same → for lower leveled enemies it’s easy to just stomp everything with skulls, no matter how much eggs are summoned)

1 Like

Just out of curiosity. How high a level did you face egg thief in this event?

For anyone who thinks awryan is crazy, try doing Dragon’s Claw on Difficulty 12 and get unlucky in a Mini-Boss or Boss fight (because those you don’t want to just retreat on) against an Egg Thief.

I have had that experience quite a few games where they’ve lasted 10+ minutes and I just have no easy way of killing Egg Thief because I don’t have a way to stun them and they just repeatedly summon eggs, multiple in a row, because she easily destroys the entire board and fills up mana and loops. It’s not fun.

Now imagine that scenario with a highly restricted troop and weapon selection. Yeah, it doesn’t happen often, but when it does happen, it’s dreadfully boring, even though you have no chance of losing, you repeatedly have to kill egg after egg until you get lucky against her.

4 Likes

You could use the random damage/silence weapon. Works a treat with div ishbala Korvash and voice of orpheus.

I got stuck in an Egg Thief loop once in this event. I forget how many Dragon Eggs/Baby Dragons I had to kill, but considering normal exp per battle is 128, it was quite a few.

2 Likes

Given the limitations in troop selection in this event, I agree that Egg Thief was a poor choice for an enemy. That isn’t to say that Egg Thief is going to be a problem every time, but when it is a problem there are only a handful of viable ways to deal with it in the event (and even those are RNG-reliant.

They should have gone with a different troop, simply because Egg Thief has made the event less fun. I’ve been lucky enough to not run into a problem with it, but some of my guild mates have complained that it’s a pain, especially when it’s sitting in the last spot.

Having said all of that, I don’t think think it was intentional, simply because I don’t think the devs really put that much thought into the event in the first place.

3 Likes

It’s not about it being intentional. On the contrary. It’s about not checking game updates, and allowing things like this to happen. Any dev that knows the game and the player experience should say - “Hey, this is a meaningless combination that will only frustrate people, with no added benefit. Let’s change that troop!”

And it’s not the first time this is happening. Remember the bounty with the Harpies? The ones that you’d get overwhelmed by harpies every move you’d take? And other examples…

4 Likes

im not spendig gems on this event, so highest lvl fight i had till today is arround 150, so generaly crap low :wink: your was probably arround 300-400 if i would guess ?
i got an egg thief in few of them → realy didnt note the numbers

but that doesn’t change a thing, i know how some things can be irritating:
did a few fight vs orbweaver with SK team, 2 or 3 of them ended up as RNG summon contests → egg thief with his eggs and dragons vs LD orbweaver with his spiders. Won both of them, but it took about an hour for a battle before i rolled the right dragons to do the job → pull orbweaver to front with Leviathan and slowly burn his life with skull damage or instakill him with Dracos 1337, while he wasn’t blessed
did such gamble twice, now just not using SK vs that fight or just quit when it ends up as egg thief vs LD orbweaver…

anyways, i still think you were just realy unlucky with RNG, that egg thieft didn’t get stunned before your hero could grab him to front line, either unlucky board on the start or some skull cascade from nowhere

1 Like

I think Sytro is trying to be sympathetic.

If you are having trouble with the event or with Egg Thief; give Tigraki Warrior a try. :slight_smile:
Gaining mana is a bit of a chore with these troops and weapons selection this week, but having a one-shot assassin certainly helps.

2 Likes

Can’t target Egg Thief with TW since it’s stealth.

The event it’s self isn’t difficult. The fact that I got stuck in a stalemate for 45 minutes is what’s difficult to swallow.

I make posts like this thread so that others hopefully in the future don’t have to swallow the bull shit as well.
Rather than be against changes like “hey don’t put Egg Thief in the 4th position.”
Or something as fair as “if one side kills 60 troops of the opponent, the match ends and that side automatically wins.”

I’ve honestly not had any trouble from Egg Thief during this event. Usually she gets stunned from EK’s third trait fairly quickly and she can get pulled to the lead with Lion and Tiger and kept at bay at that point.

You would have trouble if you lost EK early, hero not much later and was in a match at level 250.
As said repeatedly in this thread. I haven’t experienced something like this in 3+ years before. So I’m very much aware of the likelihood it ever happening. But the best possible outcome of this, is for it to never happen.

The 60 cap for enemy deaths makes zero sense if it doesn’t mean anything. All other caps are to keep resources from being farmed endlessly.
Perhaps the 60 is an xp cap.

If that’s the case, I would like it to be instead a way to keep (almost) stalemates like this from happening again.

Nope.
The 60 cap isn’t even a xp cap.
It’s literally just a random number that they didn’t think anyone would get to and it means absolutely nothing. :roll_eyes:

I think the guy in my screenshot was doing Warlord 4 Casual PvP on a GW won reward day

1 Like