Fake News Announcement in Events Tab

Platform, device version and operating system
Console, X1X

Screenshot or image

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I am being offered the option to Link my console Account for cross platform play!

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
100%, Starting this week.

Steps to make it happen again
Launch the game, look at the Events Tab.

Also, In the future also please don’t post anything in the News section on console about Redeem Codes. I’m already annoyed enough about Sony’s “Doesn’t Represent Good Value To The Gamer” policy blocking stuff, and then you folks choosing to disable Redeem Codes on Xbox to ensure parity.

2 Likes

Might be really fake since there is no pic :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: now it’s there lol

There always was one in my original post. You might not have been able to see it on the forum because it was a 4k screen grab, and I didn’t bother downsizing it.

1 Like

Maybe they just mean registering your account, not cross platform play? Like for when you have to file a ticket or in case you have to reinstall the app. That’s how i’m interpreting it, could be wrong.

It doesn’t work that way on console, not at all.

It’s a very minor mistake, plain and simple.

I’m on console, and in order to file my many tickets i went to support (zendesk) through the links and went through entering my invite code and verifying my email. You’re right, if i uninstalled the game my account is linked to my xbox profile so that wasn’t exactly true. But i have to be registered with zendesk for any other issues. It’s been awhile since i did it but i know i followed those links to set my support account up.