Faerie Fire and Burning Effect is not visually animated in real time when a new troop unit spawns if affected after!

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC/Steam, game version 4.0.0.08, OS: Win 7x64 SP1, fully updated.

Screenshot or image:
No screenshot, an unlisted (YouTube) video link will be provided instead.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Burning and Faerie Fire animation effect should never stop with its animation when newly spawned units are affected.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
100% of the time, always, if all steps to replicate this issue are met. It’s very easy to replicate this issue.

Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue?
Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?
This is a consistent issue that can occur in every game mode if given the means to do so.

Steps to make it happen again

• Use the Infernus troop, fully traited. (Make 4 or 5-matches after you kill some unit and then the replacement takes place.)
  • Any newly spawned or replaced troops that took the place of a died unit, will later have an inactive (visual only) burning/faerie fire effect if it’s reapplied after.
    (use some units that spawn a troop or have a chance to spawn another unit in order to replace when dead.)

Hey Koromac, can you please PM me the link to the video?

Thanks!

I lost access to my YouTube account for some reason, so I can’t post it until I resolve my own issue.

I already have a video prepared, though, I just can’t upload it.

I resolved the issue on my side.

Here’s the link:

Two effects are affected, maybe more, but it should be enough to understand this issue.

Hey I can’t seem to view that video even when I open it on Youtube, not sure if I have terrible Australian internet or if there’s an issue with the video. Can you please check the video?

I think it is a bad upload I can’t see it either @Kafka

1 Like

Youtube is currently down for many people

1 Like

Yeah lol, that’s interesting.

1 Like

There are no region restrictions in this video, it’s only unlisted.
You should be able to see it, but if you don’t, please, let me know!

Hey thanks, video is working now, Youtube was down when I was trying to view it the other day!

I’ll make a bug report for this, but thankfully as you said it’s a visual issue only

So, that means that it will be ignored or less likely to be fixed in the near future?
If I could fix it, I would.

Hey it’s not ignored but we prioritise bugs based on how game breaking they are so this one won’t take precedence over bugs which affect gameplay for example.

1 Like

Of course. I am glad to hear it. I should have said, postponed.
Is it fixed in the 4.2 update?

Hi, yes this should be fixed in the 4.2 update now :slight_smile: