Faction Expansion – All-Seeing Eye

There’s another perspective regarding the shop tiers for this event that is being overlooked because of the laundry list of issues that are present.

Take a look at the distribution of the new troop in shop tiers. That distribution schedule is not accidental. If this schedule holds for future Faction Expansion events, to get the new troop to Mythic during its exclusive event requires:

• Tier 3 Purchase (210 Gems) + 2 minor blue orbs or 1 major blue orb
  • Tier 7 x1 Purchase (1310 Gems) + 1 minor blue orb
  • Tier 7 x11 Purchase (3310 Gems)

I’d say that there’s a fairly strong argument to be made that this troop distribution schedule was created with the expectation that players are required to consume blue orbs on event troops during their launch week or have very deep gem wallets. This may be GaP chaos orb inflation coming into play, possibly permanently for future event troops.

3 Likes

Is this a different amount than how many of the epic troops usually are in the shop when a new faction is (was) released? I know I’ve never paid any attention bc I’m using shards to pull and mythic all the other troops anyway. If it’s consistent with the usual number of epic troops, the only issue I see is it’s not available via shards same day, even though it suggest that in-game. But it’s hard for me to imagine one of these troops being so must-have I can’t just wait 4 weeks to get it via shards later. Maybe I’m missing something.

1 Like

Seriously? :upside_down_face:

Did you really rush to argue against people wanting to try new content, that you didn’t even read properly?

But I get what you’re trying to say. Unfortunately, not everyone one can spend the whole day farming explore on Vault Event. At most, I have minimum of 3 hours daily, and usually even less on the weekend. So Deep Delve alternative is good enough for me. Beside, it can be challenging and fun, not mindlessly boring like E1 farm.

Why people obsessed with this number so much? It’s a bit costly for sure, but you can easily gain it back. Hell, I might get it back in one tribute without having to do anything.

For me, I’m just glad there is something to do with my 3 daily scroll, which I didn’t do anything with it for months. Once you have max renown, playing just Tuesday Events is enough, that farming shards is pointless.

If you’re not willing to spend gold and time on it, then don’t. I can afford to do it, have some fun, and get excite when a good gnome show up.

And how high is that chance outside of Vault Event? Quite sure it can’t compare to gaurantee 1 on Deep Delve. It can be a lot better, but it’s something.

I can see how Explore for medals is better, as there is a huge need for them, but Deep Delve doesn’t take that much time, and I get to have some fun away from the dullness of farming.

And I give up on PvP long time ago. The mode almost designed to make me mad, and as all my non-cosmetic pets are Mythic, there is no rush to get those 6 news one anyway. With huge amount of pets in the drop pool, it will need a lot of luck and time no matter how much you farm for them anyway.

2 Likes

Hey now, I actually quite like the “epic fight” sigil system! If I am struggling to beat an enemy team at Lv.60 (or whatever, varies by troop restrictions and whatever team I build), spending 2 sigils for a +1.5x stat boost is often worth the sacrifice of one less battle overall, especially if it enables me to reach the next reward tier instead of racking up loss after loss.

“Arena of Valor” is the most boring weekend event to be sure, but the last time it happened I needed to grind kill counts for campaign tasks and in the process discovered Orbs of Chaos in the reward ladder. Now that’s a prize worth me paying attention to. Plus, the reduced battle count from 8 to 6 is +30% friendlier on player time investment. I just wish the Hero was allowed to be on team (with some restrictions) because that was probably my favorite thing about it.

Treasure Hunt is a fun twist on the standard gameplay but I’ll agree it needs some tweaks. In short bursts it’s even kind of meditative, a great way to dissipate the rage that sets in late in events when my team reaches its limit (or just bad board luck happens).

Hey folks,

We’ve raised the fact the mana colours weren’t aligned and that the messaging states that Burning Occlaren is available in Chaos Portals.

Once we have a response we’ll let you know.

We’re also going through the thread and other places feedback has been left and compiling it.

16 Likes

Just an update to this:

We have some global compensation ready to go out regarding the issue with the text.

We also have a fix for Burning Ocularen’s mana colours.

Unfortunately, we’re having trouble pushing these 2 items out at the moment as our tests are failing.
We don’t want to potentially release bugs into the live game so we’re doing our best to get those issues fixed before the weekend so we can hopefully get these 2 things pushed out before then.

I’ll update again once I have more news.

15 Likes

Please keep prodding whoever is responsible for that text to get it adjusted, it’s going to cause issues again in a few weeks. Here’s some helpful tool: :broom:

Any spoiler on the new colors? It’s not going to be purple/red, right?. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

… MAY have been confusing?
Why can’t you just admit, it was a huge mistake, instead of saying “yeah some might have been confused, but most players got it” - trying to blame the players.

8 Likes

Hey it’s not intended as a “who to blame” sort of thing. The text was incorrect, which did make it confusing.

Sorry it’s come off the wrong way, not our intention :frowning:

Just to be clear: Me personally don’t need any compensation!
But the compensation of 200 chaos shards is a joke! That is one opening on portals!
You should compensate players with 2k chaos shards, not 200!
If players tried 10 times opening and still not asking, if they are just unlucky or what, then you can’t blame only the devs - just my two cents.
However, compensate players with 2k chaos shards, not 200!

5 Likes

Same feedback for me. I didn’t use any chaos shards, but got compensated. However, some players who spent tons of chaos shards only got 200 chaos shards back. I hope they did get more by raising a ticket.

4 Likes

Very nice, thank you. I just want to remind that Void Wisp has inappropriate colors - Brown/Purple (while Umbral Nexus’ banner is “Purple +2, Yellow +1, Brown -1”). Please fix it too. I’d suggest it can be “Blue/Purple” or “Green/Purple”.

3 Likes

It’s because the apology isn’t sincere. The in-game text said “This Epic Faction troop can help in your Delve.” That’s text from the event shop. It doesn’t even say “It may help in your delve.” It says it can. But it cannot, because you can’t use that troop in that event/delve.

There are two issues. The first is that the in-game text was left over from something else and never changed. I don’t think this has ever happened before where a troop being sold in the event shop couldn’t be used in that event. The second is that the troop was designed using colors that the delve it belongs to didn’t allow.

Finally, it’s worth mentioning that people didn’t spend chaos shards to get this troop, because the troop wasn’t available in the portal. They used gems. And to get enough copies of the troop to level it to 20, one needed to spend close to 3000 gems. I have no doubt in my mind that a handful of people did exactly that. They saw a new troop in the shop, and they purchased tiers until they could level it to 20, and THEN they assembled their delve team, only to discover the color restrictions prevented them from using the new troop.

5 Likes

Nice that the troops colours got changed.

Shame the 3rd trait remains the same, that trait is entirely useless in delves.

1 Like

I don’t think this is necessary, but if it is — Please not blue! the paladin uses blue (and so could block it). Brown being “wrong” color compared to the banner is way better than being color blocked.

Because it’s very easy to just choose a different banner instead of faction banner, not perfect design sure but not a big deal

If for some reason changing the wisp has to happen, Green is the best option. Don’t give the devs bad ideas!

If anything needs to change id say leave the wisp and just change the banner to minus green but that would replicate the dark court banner (there is an example of easy alternate banner to choose! No big deal)

Doesn’t every Faction have one troop that can potentially be mana-blocked because it uses both of its faction colors? Rattigar, Cloakmantle, Bone Golem, Leaninsidhe, etc…

Yes you are right. For Umbral Nexus that troop is the legendary, Umbral Portal (yellow/purple)

But Blue is what I would call a “secondary” color in the faction, in that it’s not on the banner / 2 restricted colors for troops in delve. It would be unusual to have two faction troops share a color not on the banner. I’m not aware of any other faction where two troops share a “secondary” color (willing to be proven wrong)

Even if it weren’t unusual for that design reason to change to blue, many PF strategies for this one run the paladin up front as meat shield with the wisp(s) behind as the only real source of dmg, and even half mana blocking the wisp I think would make the PF much harder

TL;DR: Leave the wisp alone!! Or make it purple/green. Blue is bad, m’kay

Isn’t the Burning Ocularen supposed to be dropping from portals since today? I opened a bunch and didn’t get a single one.

1 Like

According to the announcement, Burning Ocularen should be in the drop pool.

Still, noone in my Guild Family has reported getting it.

My explation is, only the players here can count to four.

7 Likes

haha yeah. we have had this before of course with mythics etc and when they SHOULD be in chests. Unless hard programmed it requires dev interaction. And that means setting aside a croissant momentarily.