Faction event text or rewards are wrong

Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS 12, iPhone 7

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The text says “Delve the uncharted lairs of Hall of Guardians for epic loot!”

But I still get common loot like gold and glory, and I’ve never received an epic ingot from a faction event. Likewise, my Hall of Guardians portals still give Arcane Golems and Ethereal Sentries.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It’s been true every Faction event, I just never read the text that seems to guarantee a specific rarity. If it wasn’t intended to make a rarity guarantee, using rarities as adjectives should probably be avoided or it will confuse players.

Epic (adjective)
Relating to or characteristic of an epic or epics.

• heroic or grand in scale or character.
  • (informal) particularly impressive or remarkable

There, problem solved.

I don’t think anyone would be confused by this. It just said “Epic loots” not “Epic Ingot loots”. Totally different. Only Legendary and Mythic Ingots are available in Delve Chest’s rewards pool.

About Portal Opening, I just hope you just didn’t consider your bad luck as the game’s bugs. Also, depending on your reasoning.

1 Like

You can always strife for perfection (or epic loot), there’s no guarantee you’ll be successful though. :wink:

Tickets like this are why Customer Service reps drink heavily.

6 Likes

“Argumentum ad dictionarium” is a fallacy, a variant of appeal to authority. See, you conveniently left out one of the other definitions of “Epic”:

• In the video game Gems of War, a specific rarity for troops, weapons, and rewards.

Yes, rewards have a rarity. This has been denoted since the Unity update by colored bands on each reward denoting the color of its rarity. XP, Glory, Gold, Souls, Gold Keys, Trophies, and PvP points are common. Traitstones have a rarity spread. Ingots have rarities. You should pay more attention to the game so you can remember what words like “epic” might mean.

If it told us to participate in the event for “mythic loot” would you still agree this makes perfect sense? Legendary? Uncommon?

These are words with specific meanings in Gems of War. One of the game’s biggest problems is it inconsistently uses its own lexicon. This is why we have situations like “Well, for Anu’s Sceptre, ‘a gem’ means ‘a non-blue gem’” or “Well, for Crimson Arrow, ‘when doing skull damage’ doesn’t mean this specific troop.”

I will always report inconsistent usage of Gems of War terms as a bug, thank you. If you disagree, ask your dictionary why Anu’s Sceptre cannot select blue gems.

But then… Isn’t this exactly what you are doing by nitpicking at the meaning you want for “Epic”?

“Epic” in this case can just be an adjective to embellish the phrase or description of what we can earn in a delve, and considering we can get Legendary and Mythic Ingots would you argue for a direct description that we can gain Legendary or Mythic loot? Or even go further and point out that said loot are Ingots?

GoW does have some incosistency and bad phrasing in many descriptions, but honestly you should take a pause and consider if what you are asking for isn’t simply an exercise in futility…

4 Likes

Lol really…

GameTagwastaken

1h

Tickets like this are why Customer Service reps drink heavily.

I hope you mean coffee.

In all this time, I haven’t come across anyone that found the phrase “epic loot” confusing. It’s quite clear that “epic” is just used as a regular adjective in the copy text for events.

2 Likes

wow, I can’t believe the word confused you…

2 Likes

Getting defensive? Lol, you are as predictable as ever.

The reason I bring up definition of “Epic” is because you don’t seems to know the usual meaning of it outside the game, and how it’s such a common word in this time.

So you admitted it’s a spacific name for item rarity? Then the first letter should be capitalize then. Guess what?

Epic Ingot” and “epic loot!”. See?

Why can’t you just admit you’re wrong and move on instead of getting angry and shifting the topic? You and I both know the real reason of this bug report is not word inconsistency, if it’s that, you would report this a month ago when the first Faction Event came out.

The real reason you create this post is because you’re being salty about getting terrible rewards in Delve, so you choose to nitpicking a single word to create a bug report instead.

If you want to be angsty and complain about something (like you always do), then go ahead, do it in other posts, so I can ignore and mute it accordingly (like I always did). But when you went out of your way to create a bug report because of your mood, you create an unnecessary workload for the Dev and wasting everyone’s time, so excuse me if I have to step in to shut you down if you keep doing stuffs like this.

Now, I waste even more time to explain Anu's Sceptre because of you.

Also, the reason Anu’s Sceptre can’t pick Blue Gem might be because it’s an artifact from an early game. It might work like that to prevent it from endlessly looping itself. At the current stage of the game, it’s pretty outdated and looping spell have became a new norm. Although, it still work quite well.

3 Likes

I have another suggestion.

If you want to go on a personal campaign and ridicule every post I make, then go ahead, gripe to your guildmates. If you want to make personal jabs at me, that’s not allowed on this forum. I’d prefer you stick to objective, valid arguments, of which you have few so far. Let’s enumerate.

• "This isn’t the definition of ‘epic’.

Actually, you posted an incomplete definition that excluded the GoW-specific connotation. If “epic” never meant “a rarity” in GoW you would be correct. But for your argument to stand, your definition has to be complete. An “epic troop” can mean Infernus, by the wider definition. I do not think the average GoW player would read “you can win epic troops” and expect to get mythic troops. By extension, “epic loot” could be expressed dozens of other ways that doesn’t imply a minimum rarity.

• “The real reason you create this post is because you’re being salty about getting terrible rewards in Delve, so you choose to nitpicking a single word to create a bug report instead.”

Actually my rewards are great. I’m running above-average on mythic ingots. I got a Sacred Treasure today. It’d be silly to complain about my rewards. My complaint is “the words used to describe the rewards from a special event could be confused as implying a minimum rarity”. I know this isn’t true. I want the devs to be careful about the words they use.

• “Why can’t you just admit you’re wrong and move on instead of getting angry and shifting the topic?”

I want to talk about why “epic loot” is not the correct way to describe faction event rewards. I created a thread for that topic. You want to talk about why I am a bad person. Which one of us is shifting the topic? Maybe you should ask OP what the topic of discussion should be.

• If you want to be angsty and complain about something (like you always do), then go ahead, do it in other posts, so I can ignore and mute it accordingly

This is off-topic and you aren’t a moderator. But if you’d like, I can send you a DM every time I post so you know where to ignore me.

• so excuse me if I have to step in to shut you down if you keep doing stuffs like this.

I believe I’d like @Saltypatra or @Cyrup tell me if you have the authority to “shut me down”. My assertion is they’d agree you are the one creating work for them because now they have to read an off-topic essay with personal attacks that accuses me of being off-topic in my own thread.

• Now, I waste even more time to explain Anu’s Sceptre

This is “a rationalization” and “off-topic”. You know another old as dirt bug that definitely isn’t “the norm” based on the bug reports I see? “Sometimes Guild Wars wins are reported as losses.” Why don’t you attack someone reporting that with your dictionary?

• spacific

Now I do not trust your dictionary at all.

Topic’s run its course.

@Saltypatra and @Cyrup,

Please take as feedback that the OP was confused around the term “epic” when used to describe “epic loot” instead of the game’s Epic rarity. The feedback is to be more careful about modifiers in future event descriptions.

4 Likes

Suggestion noted, thank you