Extra traitstones for challenges

Two nights ago I was clearing out some of my challenges to earn my 3 Sunweavers. I started getting extra traitstones for my victories. First, I won a battle and received 7 traitstones: 4 minor and 3 runics. I’m sure my mouth was hanging open. I tried another battle and won 13 traitstones, including 2 runics. Now I was getting excited. Next two battles earned 17, then 19 (I kid you not.) Thereafter, it was mostly majors and minors and I stopped writing the tally down. I don’t think I saw more than 10 traitstones after that initial flurry. But I did continue to average about 6 or 7 per victory. It was late when this was happening, after the daily reward had come out. I finally had to go to bed 'cause I’m one of those working stiffs. I didn’t want to, but I do have one responsible bone left in my body, though I think it is one of the smaller ones. When I tried a challenge again yesterday, I was back to one traitstone per victory.

Has anybody else experienced this? Was it just a glitch, or was there some special event I did not know about? Should I have kept my mouth shut?

It was a bug that was somehow introduced with the server migrations. It seemed to be only affecting players on the new servers. Devs hotfixed it.

Or at least that’s my understanding.