Evil Defense Teams

@Razlath
Did you try the Woodland banner for +2 green rather than Goblin banner which gives green and brown bonus? I know that brown might be better for quicker king fill up but goblin and boar rider should be doing higher dmg when always filed.
Also, do you have experience what is better on the first position - Goblin or Hobgoblin?

@orbin111
Dang! Good thought on the banner. I didn’t even look, I just left it on Zaejin from the original build. I will definitely look at changing it (hate to break the theme though!). Filling the king out really isn’t important for the team as most fights he doesn’t even cast so the +2 green is definitely the smarter play.

I don’t have a hobgoblin (I know… the shame!) I think if I did I would consider putting him in the rocket’s place and then probably switching him with the boar rider. One more Marauder would give me +4 attack to all troops. Also that would give me the last green mob to activate the 4 green bonus. That would put my current setup having the front row gobby hitting for 10 on a three skull match. Combined with his extra turn it is basically 17 to the front mob if I put both there. Mana diversity would suffer, but these guys charge for so little that seems like it would be acceptable. I would definitely keep the goblin on the front, he just charges so quickly I want as much green mana pouring into him as possible.

I appreciate the suggestion!

-Razlath

I think I have the Goblin Rocker first because of his (slightly) higher life total. But they all fill pretty fast, especially with Shaman providing the green for him and the Tiger.

I have hobgoblin first because of his attack. I realized that the damage from magic is not so high as it used to be so I am trying to focuse on attack. This is what works fine for me right now.

Just ran into Jarl, Shadow Dragon and Griffin Knight.

I had acolyte that missed a ‘sure’ gem creation, and then they grabbed 5 of a kind, 4 of a kind, then Jarl went off into Shadow into Jarl into Shadow and then it was my turn and I lost 2 team mates. Yikes.

Lineup was:
Hero with Sylvassi blades (any tank would do)
Jarl
Griffin Knight
Shadow Dragon

My defense team lately also has a Zaejin theme:

Boar Rider
Hobgoblin
Goblin King
Sunweaver

I went with three Zaejinians(?) instead of four, because the extra life didn’t seem worth the mana loss. Sunweaver and Boar Rider are a force to be reckoned with; combining attack gain with impeccable board control. I am not sure if the AI handles Boar Rider’s skull setups as well as I can, but it seems to be winning about 50% of the defenses so far.

However, with the new Celestasia buff, I believe my original team is more relevant than ever with four life gain troops. Also, I wonder how it would do with Sunweaver.