Essence of Evil effects are lumped together (Resolved)

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam, Windows 7

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the negative effect to handled seperately. Instead, when the clear chance is activated, all of the effects are cleared (except poison, which has no % to clear itself).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Twice in as many battles, all effects were gone, except poison, in one turn. While hitting the 10% chance on the first turn is certainly possible for one effect, I find it hard to believe that ALL of the effects hit that 10% singly. It is even harder to believe it happened twice in consecutive matches.

Steps to make it happen again
Use the weapon, and just cycle through turns until the enemy troop clears itself of all effects, except poison.

That’s how it works.
There are no separate cleanse-chance counters for separate effects - if self-cleanse happens it ends them all; any additional effect added resets the counter regardless of how many turns previously placed effects had been active.

Yeah there was a thread about this recently, or maybe a discussion in the event’s topic. I think a lot of people want separate counters but it’s a double-edged sword.

1 Like

Right now it isn’t a double-edged sword, because any new status effect resets the counter for all existing status effects.

Aforementioned thread: