Epic ingots too hard to get?

Seems that they are. Common, Rare and Ultra-Rare ingots come in PvP battles fairly often, Epics - seldom. While Legendaries and Mythics can be obtained through delves. And remember that 1 Epic Ingot = 1000 Common ingots. How should I farm these Epics? Through 800-900 ranked PvP fights?

8 Likes

I share the same feeling.

I wish we could also use the Soulforge to downgrade ingots. 1 higher rarity for 5 of the next lower, or some similar exchange ratio.

5 Likes

delves gives tons of legendary and mythic ingots

That’s why offered $25 epic ingots pack. I think it not a bad deal for tons of ingots.

1 Like

I think they’re kind of falling by the wayside because AFAIK they aren’t important for kindgom power.

I disagree and the drop rates seem fair to me. After traiting every common, rare and ultra-rare weapon, then forging the leftovers to epic, here is what I have:

Note I have not upgraded any Epic weapons nor did I forge any Legendaries or Mythic ingots.

And mine look like this after upgrading only a single epic weapon, and only commons or rares otherwise.

Thats 3 + 5.5 + 29.5 more epic ingots for forging up every single other one (which I’m not even done with yet), 36 that I spent, bringing my grand total to 136 Epic Ingots or equivalent found, ever, compared to 223 Legendary, a disparity which will widen immensely over time due to delve loot.

But also consider you only need about 1600 epic ingots total to finish upgrading all epic weapons with not too many more likely to be added while you need over 4400 legendary ingots with 2 weapons coming in at this rarity every 3 weeks, another per faction so another one per month, each of them taking 45 ingots. PvP drops and chest drops heavily favor lower rarity stuff that you are more likely to be “done” with. Fully upgrading every epic weapon may be a bigger bottleneck long term now, but all those common through ultra-rare ingots should to go somewhere, and the path from common through ultra-rare to epic is ten times less ludicrous than the path from common through ultra-rare to epic.

On this, I think everything would balance out nicely if they just upped the minimum rarity of the random ingots you can get from Renown from common to Rare, or maybe even Ultra-Rare or so so that everything is nice and rounded. Or, you know, leave the imbalance where it is so they can sell Weapon Upgrade packs.

5 Likes

The main income of Epic ingots are from gem keys. New players would gain them in reasonable rate by opening them more often aiming for new troops, but for End-gamers, we would only open them in Exclusive Mythic week, so our income of them is very compact.

For usual way of farming in PvP/Arena, I agree it’s hard to farm. I used to do that to upgrade all weapons from kingdoms under 7 stars, and it would take an hour to get one of them by forging. Natural drop could take a few hours.

Scale back delve rewards. Change legendary ingot drops to epics, and change mythic drops to legendary.

I literally don’t need this many mythic ingots in the current state of weapons.

Yes lately I agree Epic ingots are hard to get I’d say if you have db to use that in arena to farm epic ingots

As a new player who started a month ago, my number of Ingots looks like Mithran’s. I have 2x as many Mythic as Epic, and 3x as many Legendary Ingots (6x+ times if you count the ones I spent). I haven’t spent a single Epic Ingot yet either.

I’ve used and bought gem keys quite freely as I’ve been hunting for any mythic, but there’s still a huge imbalance in the number of Ingots I have. I haven’t even earned enough to fully upgrade 2 Epic weapons if I needed to.

Hm, that all for the kingdom power quest of upgraded x kingdom weapons or what’s interesting about epic weapons?

Whatever, I’m for downgrading in general, even troops.

Yep me too, I have a severe lack of Epic ingots, but have upgraded every common, rare, ultra rare and mythic weapons, and nearly all legendary weapons.

1 Like

Delve factions are excellent for ingots, gold etc but many weapons aren’t worth upgrading other than to boost kingdom power. While I would like more opportunities to gain epics, in reality I seldom use any epic weapon. Most weapons and troops in the game are cosmetic dust collectors. So I don’t really mind grinding PvP etc to forge epics. Exercise a little patience and don’t expect everything to be handed to you on a plate.

1 Like

I’d like to add that delves already do give epic ingots, sort of.

Because increasing faction renown can yield a lot of free ingots every day just for logging in. The utility of this is pretty apparent when you get to the point where souls are a dead currency: why not upgrade the free ingots daily, along with any earned through PVP? It’s not even a resource drain at that point, because you don’t care about any of the currencies involved in the process—both cruder ingots and souls are useless to you.

You know the other best place to get epic ingots? MY STREAM. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

For Xbox users? XD

1 Like

There’s not much point in upgrading ingots on a daily basis because its a stark reminder of just how slow it is. I prefer to leave it a few weeks then upgrade, purely because there is the potential to have made worthwhile progress which you can see.