Endgame PvP people... please use variety!

just make people using that def team to only face other players using that same team. maybe then they’ll learn. in the mean time, i’ll use annoying team too. Can’t stop them, join them. spread the toxicity.

Where is the dislike button?

3 Likes

Sorry I would delete thread but cannot find the option… did not mean offend anyone, just a suggestion… and those teams don’t take me one moment longer to defeat than any other more original team nor do I lose to them any more often either… my point was just that it gets redundant. Again sorry if I’ve offended people by creating the thread and if you can tell me how to remove it I will as I can see many people are just plain offensive in their replies xP

2 Likes

You shouldn’t apologize for posting a thread like this. People are voicing a dissenting opinion (and in some circumstances, unfiltered cynicism to go with it), but that doesn’t mean yours isn’t a valid opinion to have. It would be a shame if this response is enough to dissuade you from future posts.

12 Likes

There’s no need to delete the thread. I actually agree with your sentiment, I just have a lot less faith in the average player. :wink:

4 Likes

Agree with what @Lyya said. You can’t expect everyone to have same opinions as you. Don’t get discouraged for posting your thoughts or idea in the future.

About topic: I agree with you about lack of team variations in PvP. But this kind of thing is inevitable. As long as there’s competition in a game, no matter how small it is, and competitive players around, you will expect a meta game. Here’s a good post from @Kurokazna about meta game and perfect imbalance in a game.

Same as asking people to not use Whitehelm as their home kingdom, you can’t expect everyone to change their defense deck in PvP too. Some people don’t care about defense wins, some people does. For those who care, they will always try to find a defense team that can get them as much defense win as possible, and as easy as possible to be played by AI. And for now, Bone Dragon deck (with any variations of it), is the easiest way to get some defense victory. Or they will put some annoying troops that can make some people rage quit (spirit fox, wraith, famine, etc). However, even though Bone Dragon get nerfed in the future, people will then find another meta and so on. And when some people find that new meta, others usually jump into that ship too and copy that team, make this kind of redundant stuff seems inevitable.

For now, what can we do as a player to get rid of boredom of facing the same team over and over again is to put a single troop defense. From my experience, while it gives you lesser PvP points, but it usually gives you a wider variations of team you fighting in PvP. Another way to get rid of boredom is to challenge myself to fight in PvP with some team variation, not just using the current powerhouses like EK, BD, or Gard. I hope that helps.

Just my 2 rupiah.

5 Likes

To answer this you can’t delete thread :slight_smile:

Realtime pvp will change people’s teams a lot if/when they ever introduce it, just a few more months.

2 Likes

Do not apologize for having an opinion and willingly sharing it. There are far more people in this community that will respect your point of view and share their insights as well. Then there are those that… how should I say it? “Misery Loves Company” can best describe a few people in the world.

There were times at FNM that I would get annoyed with facing all the “meta” decks from the most recent Regional. I eventually left because of this redundancy. Simply because I stopped having fun. That will not be the case here with GoW though. There is enough variety in the game that I just go to another part of the game. There are many here that share the same feelings as you. We will not apologize for how we feel and neither should you.

BTW, I love your Jace Beleren avatar. I miss playing all the different ones. I mostly played “Control” decks.

2 Likes

^ This is actually why I mostly stopped playing. I’m nowhere near as active in-game any more because there are attack teams that just win everything in one turn. One of them just happens to be ridiculously easy to build, requiring only 16 Arcane Spirit stones and you have your entire team done. Sure, if you want to optimize, you need a bit more but does it REALLY matter what you put in that first slot? No, not really.

Also big thanks to @ZooKeeper for linking back to a rant I did that I was trying to find for reference to post in this and a couple other threads.

Just to be clear, I was asking about the dislike button for the post above mine, not the thread itself. Sadly, griefers will always be prevalent in the GoW (and real) world, along with sheeple that will run whatever they see in a video…because, you know, making your own team is super difficult and not fun at all. :rolling_eyes:

5 Likes

Lol I stopped doing FNM for the same reason and now host EDH at my place Friday night with a few friends, I like that format a lot and have bout 40 different decks built…

1 Like

I actually just changed from whitehelm because of this post. Maugrim Woods to match my new team and the only kingdom I have at double silver star powah @.@

2 Likes

Saved to my folder of “Moments when people can’t articulate an argument, so instead just tell someone to shut up because they have no comeback” screenshots.

No, the folder is not actually named that. But I need things like this to make me laugh every once in a while. Thanks, Majorbly!

3 Likes

Succubus, Kerberos, Death…end of story you lose.

Take three lefts at the next stop light, only hope you might have for going right for a change.

Okay, lets take this down to a level you might understand a bit better.

Death Mark. 10% chance to proc per turn. Passes to my turn, only thing of that you could possibly get off is Succubus. Death is a moot point because it’s so slow. Kerberos costs too much.

You pass, You leave a Red, Yellow, or Blue five match, you lose. You leave a match of any of those colors and you have one turn until I combo out.

You take another turn, get mana or something if you’re smart, skulls if you’re greedy. You don’t seem on the intelligent side, so lets say you take skulls. Sweet, two rounds of Death means my Hero has lost four HP plus your lead troop’s attack. Lets be generous and say 30. My hero is half dead. Ouch. By this point, I’ll have gotten a random four match and that will be enough to fill either Valk or Justice. Whichever is ready casts, and starts a neverending Justice skull loop that slowly buffs my hero to over 130 attack and health from the point that she’s at right now while hitting you with skulls, all while keeping you frozen and probably not even losing my turn.

Good game, want to go again?

Now lets assume your Death Mark kills my Hero. Valkyrie spams you down with similar stats. Lets say you take out Valkyrie. Justice fills one turn slower and rams you to death. You kill Justice? Congrats, you have a Mab team staring down your throat that will kill you with AoE and spammed extra turns off of Valkyrie and Farsight Orb with Mab’s innate extra turn if cast with 13 or more blues.

Do you still follow, or are you stuck on the second left and just heading backwards now?

2 Likes

And I’m actually getting more glory on average per tribute now lol… maugrim woods rawr

Change my defense team every week, sometimes more often.
If I can help the community by putting up a team that supports the weekly event then that is my first choice.
I try to make it of reasonable difficulty to provide better rewards and at least make it fun to play.
Never use Bone Dragon as I am sick to death of those teams.
Oh and I don’t pitch my tent in Whitehelm either!

2 Likes

Currently I am using
Jarl
Eternal Flame
Kraken
Kraken

on the console, has around a 60% win rate which is nice.

That’s a lot of decks. As for me, I sold all of my cards and put that money to good use with home and family. I don’t even play the games on Steam anymore. I’d say with 40 different decks you shouldn’t get bored.

1 Like