End game pvp teams

Humility
Gorgotha
Crimson Bat
Crescendo

Just let Humility die and his third trait buffs the rest of the team. The hard work is all done by Crimson Bat and Crescendo. Works especially well with Sorcerer class for your hero.

1 Like

Maw Mercy Infernal King Sheggra is a personal fave. Trying a war team now a days since i drew him. Gorgo, Courage, War, Mercy

2 Likes

Gorgotha
Terraxis
Famine
Mercy

Not the fastest or flashiest, but pretty good at keeping the opponent locked down so it can manage just about all types.

1 Like

Pretty fun team to use, safe, Mech class with Black Menacles, all mana colors, originally Plague was in last spot for GW, I changed it with Krystenax just now.

1 Like

I guess I should post mine. My go to when I just need a win is:

Khorvash
Green seer
Giant spider
Kracken

After a couple casts of the loop most of the team is stunned and entangled. It’s very efficient but honestly not very fun or fast. Just going through the motions, but this team wins.

I love playing this one:

Wulfgarok
Wulfgarok
Kerberos
Forest guardian

It’s such a fun team to play but it’s easily screwed by the board which explains it’s appx 80% win rate. It is very fast though when it works.

I know there are viable psion builds but none have seemed very end game to me. Anyone know any viable builds for him?

Great responses guys, keep them coming.

1 Like

My favorite is still this one.

Great team. Not perfect but great team indeed.

I still use Gard as my number 1 team. The first troop (mercy) is just a boost and once the team is started you can do without.

While it’s not the most godly team Krystenax, The Dragon Soul, Kerberos and Sylvanimora is pretty killer.

1 Like

No love for the Hellcat/Sekhma duo? Works with many things, but heres my favorite for general use:

Mercy fills hellcat, or A1 fills on a red or blue match. Convert accordingly, try to avoid yellow > red, but hit blue or brown to red if you have to, especially if you see it will drop your next converter cast into alignment. Save Mercy if they have a Bone Dragon, or if they have a Mab/Sylvanimora and it looks like you can’t reliably do the full chain. You can also target them out with a couple Sekhma casts. Can’t take many hits while you are getting set up, but usually doesn’t take that long to set up, either. When used correctly, a short spell chain is all it takes to wipe the opposing team from existence.

Also Alchemist/Terraxsis:

This one takes some foresight and careful use of spell, but is capable of using chain AoE spells to wipe the enemy team without dropping the turn on the second turn. Despite the name, you want to avoid converting red to yellow for as long as you can, because any cascade match (now even match 4s) on red has potential to refill Alchemist so you convert other stuff to yellow to keep the chain going.
(Switch krystenax with Mercy for a more reliable loop start but potentially longer battle)

If you just want some brainless fun (and happen to have a bunch of fully traited mythics lying around), this is something different:

Marilith is often spammable back and forth with Aby with cascades and random matches lowering your opponents attack. Abynissia is backup mana engine and gets infernal king out if Marilith does happen to die. Famine sandwiched in there quickly gets his mana up, preventing the great majority of spells. Don’t take it versus another Famine, though, the team slows way down if Marilith’s magic gets lowered by a bunch and is hard to sacrifice if you have withered the enemy’s attack by too much.

Looking through my teams, I now realize most the slots are Guild Wars style teams… that I end up using in normal PvP sometimes for a chance of pace because I need something else in GW to counter an event boost or specific. I could probably tweak a few of them to not be so unwieldy or defensive for general use. Also trying trying not to retread any of the main core of other teams that were already shared.

2 Likes

Great team, I tried it, although I modified the banner, I used a Double Yellow instead because you have two troops using yellow and you’re using Mercy so I think its best to go double yellow in case of good starting board though Desert banner works just fine.

Does not work against anything that uses a Famine though, I tried, multiple times, it goes horribly wrong every single time.
Here’s a video of me trying it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anointed, Hellcat, Mercy, Sekhma…

that is really something! Loving it.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of trying this combo once I finish my third trait of Sekhma. She’s already showing signs of holding against Famine and such

I’ve used Sekhma with Hellcat before, very potent combo. Anointed One really speeds up the skull damage while also feeding reds, not sure why I never tried them together.

I just tried this A1 led team, it is awesome when it gets going, but it’s really glass cannon to me. A1 feels like a weaksauce tank even with two boosts under his belt… Yes I’ve gotten two boosts for him and had him die, sometimes this game just refuses to give you a board you can do something with, despite every troop in this deck being able to transform gems…

You do occasionally have to look a couple moves in advance to get started, but thats another thing I love about this team. It requires a different kind of focus on what you are converting than most converter loops - you often convert for elimination and alignment, rather than just mana. Anointed One is basically there occasionally to eliminate greens as a “free move”, allowing easier alignment between other colors, but the attack boost is nice too. Sekhma/Hellcat also works if you just toss a Gorgotha or something in front instead and you can kill one or two troops per board cycle and blow it up to refresh, then start again, occasionally streaking through if things fall into place in just the right way, but I highly prefer the “checkmate” nature of using A1 up front and never really have a problem winning with it in the 500+ times I’ve used it, either.

This is basically me. Few things compare to the overwhelming speed you get from Mercy.

However, I do still run dragons as well, either:

Krystenax
Krystenax
The Dragon Soul
Sylvanimora

OR

Krystenax
The Dragon Soul
Elemaugrim
Elemaugrim

I can’t help but feel I need to tweak the latter somehow, as the former is waaay faster.

There are also a few monocolor teams that are good enough to use in standard PVP, but they’re not QUITE as fast.

Wulfgarok
Wulfgarok
Forest Guardian
Giant Spider

Gorgotha
Pharos-Ra
Pharos-Ra
Dark Troll

Crimson Bat
Valkyrie
Crimson Bat
Death

Green Seer (Giant Spider if GW)
Giant Spider
Kraken
Kraken

etc

1 Like

No, he’s not. Mercy is the best troop in the game. She’s the only empowered mana generator. That’s a huge advantage considering the human player always starts first.

1 Like

I agree. 10 chars.

It’s horses for courses. Mercy doesn’t work on every team; nor does gorgotha. Gorgotha has more utility IMO, but when a team uses mercy she is absolutely killer and totally critical to the success of that team.

Yes, in 1 of maybe 3 games or so, in the others her empowered is basically pointless.

1 Like