Elspeth is deathmarking all my troops ๐Ÿ˜•

Playing Deathknight class hero at the top. When Elspeth popped all my troops were deathmarked. Has happened 2/2 times today.

Remind me not to field this team in Guild Wars :scream:

1 Like

But thatโ€™s how it is supposed to work.

Fun team to try:
DK with some weapon that doesnt uses brown
TDS
Els
Krys

Pop the DK on turn one, enjoy.

2 Likes

Huh ?
What are you talking about ?

1 Like

Don Boba is saying that the troop the enemy Elspeth sacrificed was probably a fully traited deathknight.

1 Like

Ahhโ€ฆI will have to take more notice of what she pops next time. :grinning::+1:
Although it just emphasises how ridiculous this insta deathmarking thing is. The pevious match I lost 2 troops at the enemys first turn. Had the 1 turn rule been in effect, apart from carrying a fully empowered mercy, there would still not be time to fill a cleansing troop.

3 Likes

Yes Elspeth/DK is dumb but Elspeth seems to rarely find the Deadknight with her spell though, sheโ€™s crazy like that.

On Green/Purple days it is easy to counter with Spirit Fox.
On Yellow/Blue you can kickstart your team with your own Elspeth setup to fill up a nonempowered manadrainer in turn 1(and pray for a 4-match).
On Brown/Red you might use Corrupt Sorceress and Void Portal to have warded summons to refill troops lost to DMs.

Btw i am not defending the Elspeth/DK Combo, i find it really stupid myself, and i understand the listed counters aside from Spirit Fox are quite bothersome just to be on the safe side in case Elspeth actually hits the DK and not herself or anything else. Just trying to be helpfull for once.

2 Likes

(just pulled this one from the net, rather than write my own, yes thereโ€™s a nice www.apostrophecatastrophes.com in there)

1 Like

Donโ€™t worry Jainus I fixed it for you

1 Like

@Whiskeyjack fixed it for you

3 Likes