Elemaugrim or Infernus

Huh, he did? I must have totally overlooked that. I knew Infernus got buffed, but obviously missed the Famine nerf.
I doubt Infernus will get nerfed quickly because of that. They had him at a weaker state and felt he needed the buff he got now. Would be weird to put him back to where they considered him too weak.

2 Likes

I can’t remember to what extent. But I know he lost Jinx. Might also have had his mana increased also.

2 Likes

I lose to Plague more than Infernus and Famine too but he is better on defense than offense. He is pretty decent on offense in the right team but very slow. Famine is still a really good mythic especially in GW but like plague is pretty slow.

I was thinking the same thing only because of how fast he is and the devs don’t like us getting too many resources to0 quickly.

2 Likes

I’m honestly surprised to see Famine get so much love as a Guild Wars troop. There are many other mana drainers out there, all of whom are faster to fill than Famine. Sure, Famine hits everything, but in a race against Spirit Fox, Nyx, Cockatrice, or even Khorvash, Famine loses every time. I’ve only ever had Famine fire off twice against me in Guild Wars, and those were the same match (it did not end well for me, if you were wondering).

Sure, Famine can be used for mana draining. But I am not convinced it’s as good as people are claiming it is. (In the interest of full disclosure, I don’t have a Famine. It’ll probably be the next troop I craft, so check back with me in a month plus RNG delay.)

1 Like

I made Famine and wish that I didn’t.
The old meta team with him is yet to get a single victory in defence for me. And I have better attack teams for each of the three colours without him.

2 Likes

This was the last Famine nerf

2 Likes

Let’s see what I can find about Infernus then…
Infernus buff was: “Increase spell base dmg from 6 to 10”.

Well, as I have neither troop, it’s incredibly difficult for me to compare; I always only could go with what others said and how much I get pummeled in PVP by which troop. :stuck_out_tongue: But I suppose I will aim for Infernus next then.

I’m glad I’m not the only one, then. Plague is horrible. I cannot win against this guy unless I seriously luck out and he doesn’t hit my magic. Famine’s weakness is, in my opinion, the fact that he’s not Impervious like Plague. Just stunning him takes out enough danger from Famine that even getting hit is not definitely a loss. But if Plague - usually sitting happily behind some Humilities - gets your magic and you are then supposed to skull your way to him before he gets to your attack as well, you might as well give up.

Famine should, in my opinion, not be compared to Mana drainers. Famine is a single-hit one-shot troop with an added drain for annoyance. (Also the fact that your Mana drainer list misses Psion, who hits everything as well and fills like crazy, is kinda funny. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Famine is really good when you are facing a dangerous stealthy troop in 3rd where a Khorvash won’t reach. Also on my team I don’t take Famine mana I let Gorgotha get it all and usually by the time Famine is full the ai has enough total mana that I can either 1 shot the most dangerous troop or get him down enough that Highforge or Khorvash finishes them off depending on what slot they are in.

Another reason I love Famine in GW is for situations like this

5 Likes

@Maxx nice Brown team :sunglasses:

Where do you aim Famine in that situation?

1 Like

I would go for Kerberos

2 Likes

PC/Mobile sure has it nice…

On console, at 24 mana cost, AI Famine still fills in 1 Ragnagord cast many times, which is annoying.

On offense, there’s many ways to fill it quickly as well, including Mercy and most exploders.

Psion/Ragnagord/Famine/Death or Spirit Fox pales in comparison to Psion/Ragnagord/Famine/Infernus non-sense we get.

Plague is almost a non-issue, and if it actually was, then a targeted spell can kill it very easily. Famine can dead stop your moment as well as kill your troop off, but Plague only tickles you unless you happen to be poking Humilities for some reason.

Stun does nothing to Famine. Famine has junk traits.

1 Like

I agree. Since Gorgotha is there getting hit by skulls is not a concern. Only kerb’s devour. Auld will not be able to devour for a while yet.

1 Like

@stan helped me understand that more Mana than is physically present on the board can be awarded with an Explode, and IMO that is the issue.

Also to OP: Infernus 100%

1 Like

Elemaugrim!

but only if you already have Infernus

2 Likes

If we’re thinking of the same thing, console was awarding 100 percent of mana on explosions, but never more than 100 percent. Since the unity conversion, everyone’s been getting 70 percent as it should be. When I’ve calculated, everything has been working as it should, but cascades will often result in troops refilling post-explosion, even if there isn’t enough from the explosion itself.

If you were thinking of something else, my apologies.

2 Likes

In our last convo here were were talking about rounding, and in the example I posted there was more Mana awarded than was physically present on the board.

So not the old issue, but a new one that is in the same vein. For the record I hate my Silen Die team, because it shows how fundamentally unfair and unskilled Exploding can be.

1 Like

Oh right, I forgot about the rounding conversation. In my mind, that still wasn’t ‘more Mana than was available’, but ‘more Mana than you might expect depending on how it calculates’. All good though. I still think it’s the post-explosion cascades that get you, especially with Infernus.

1 Like

If there are X gems on the board, the game can award you X+1 Mana. I suppose we might view that differently but I see that as a problem. But that feeling comes from my underlying desire for GoW to be as skill-based as reasonably possible, and my experience with Exploders makes me sad. I don’t want to win this easily or with this little thought lol

2 Likes

Still waiting :slight_smile: