Egg Monster - All I ask for!

Why not have a troop that when it dies it lays an egg (digimon reference here) then that egg has zero attack and zero armour but a decent amount of health but it’s spel is: hatch; sacrifice this monster summon a (magic+1) enter troop name here! (Just like digivolving)

1 Like

I’ve suggested using that mechanic before for a Phoenix… (game sadly lacks a Phoenix creature)…

Phoenix (legendary)
Spell: Conflagration: red/yellow: mana burn all enemies, boosted by my magic, if two or more enemies are burning, gain an extra turn
Trait: Ashes To Ashes: on death, summon a Phoenix Egg

Phoenix Egg (rare)
Spell: Born Of Flame: red/brown: 50% chance to burn each enemy, then sacrifice it and summon a Phoenix

Damage numbers, stats, costings, can be set to keep it balanced, not too OP… or at least not as bad as Mab… nice

5 Likes

phoenix from gow :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The only thing i see is it has better numbers than infernal king who has a chance of resurrecting also phenox on defence anyone?

How can you see anything when all I sketched out was a concept?

Devs can play with stats, costs, probabilities and make something playable and balanced with it… If we’re (I’m) lucky…

1 Like

This sounds fleshed out even for a concept. Also as far as rarity of the cards in question, Mythic level troop. No question about it. Phoenix would be better suited as a mythic with 2 or 3 colors and the egg should be legendary with its spell just 100% burning all enemies’ then sacrificing itself into becoming phoenix. This way the cards are strong enough to use with out feeling overpowered even on defence. Would even be a nice combo with itself.

I want to see a classic Ooze/Jelly. Haven’t thought it through much, but off the top of my head:

Spell Entangles and Poisons the first troop. Traits are Stoneskin, Venomous, and “Split”. Split = When killed, generates two copies with half its original HP (two times).

Alternatively, you could remove Stoneskin and make Split = Immune to Attacks and when attacked generates two copies with half its original HP (two times).

I worry the latter might be too OP/annoying, so I also think it might be cool if it had no spell and instead Split was an additional passive in the spell slot. It could either literally have no mana and just give another passive effect, or it could be a passive effect that can only trigger once it’s filled. I could imagine the latter leading to a lot of cool effects. (E.g., a “Counterspell” where if you have the troop’s mana filled and the opponent casts a spell, it activates Counterspell and negates the opponent’s spell.)

1 Like

aye, giant ooze buff! need moar ooze! :baby:

1 Like

Soon easter, we got the easter Bunny aka Bunni’Nog, now we need the Egg Monster aka Egg’Bog. :persevere:

4 Likes

Or Eggi’Boogy :stuck_out_tongue:

Paint it Yourself version

3 Likes

My painting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Christmas, we need Egg’Nog

4 Likes