Dropping ranks faster than climbing them

Just a comment/observation and not meant to be snarky, but on the flip side, while you were gaining points and climbing, lots of someone elses’ were sleeping and dropping also. Only they’re not on the forums to post about THAT bad experience for them :slight_smile:

My feelings on the matter are the same as yozinaf; he said it all.

2 Likes

This clearly shows that there are bugs in the calculation of a whole teams score, most probably in connection with a Hero in the team.
Seeing as all troops have the same static team score value solely defined by their level and unlocked traits (you can see that while making a team, and comparing the team score values), plus an amount of team score based on your masteries and kingdom bonuses, Sisters team consisting of a level 1000 hero with all traits unlocked, and three lvl 20 troops with all traits unlocked should be close to the maximum value a team score could be.
Instead it is significantly below that, so there is clearly something not working right with the calculations currently and i really hope that gets fixed.

1 Like

@MarvelKit, I’m sorry, I was being quite tongue-in-cheek.
My second bit of advice would help you more though[quote=“zachraziel, post:36, topic:7971”]
possibly quit your job :wink:
[/quote]

And I’m sorry but I have to say it…[quote=“GemsCollector, post:39, topic:7971”]
It can make you not loose the points due to lost defence battles, but you can loose ranks as well
[/quote]

Lose, dude… Lose

@sirrian please could you comment on whether the matchmaking works this way? If this is the case then an ‘exploit’ like this needs fixing…

The game draws three opponents somehow when you refresh the list. Sister’s team is towards the high end of what I routinely see, so he/she would only ever be my “hard” matchup. In fact, I may have defeated that team in the past, because a team score of 7,000 is worth many more PVP points than my usual 26.

The question I have is how the opponents are drawn.

A team score of 7000 is surely not a low score, still Sisters team consists of 4 completely maximized troops, her score should definitely be over 8000.
This is not to single out Sister’s team though, there are several teams with lower team scores than they should have and i do not assume this is the result of any exploits, i just assume that the team score calculations are faulty mostly when a hero is in the team and need to be fixed.

So we are back to losing points for losses… And I’m back to being sad. :cry:

7 points per loss is hefty given I have no control over AI performance. Perhaps consider a single point per loss, please?

1 Like

I had a loss of 10 points this morning…

I’ve had losses up to 18 points. My most-used invasion team score is currently 8372. It has crept up from around 8300 since 2.0 went live. I believe cumulative performance of a specific team lineup factors into the score, and they have included data from before 2.0 in these calculations.

Four max’ed troops does not necessarily get you an immediate score over 8000. To get that high it has to be an established combo with a very high win %, and quite probably gets boosted if it is being used more by other players.

1 Like

You may not have DIRECT control over the AI @efh313, but you should know how the AI plays enough to build a team around it’s “strategy”.

My advice is keep it simple. Pretty much every human strategy is too complicated for the AI. That means avoid Troops that chain their abilities. The AI will rarely cast “in order” (even if it does, it’ll choose the wrong target a lot) and the AI will kill any combo for a Skull match.

I’d give you a team the AI plays almost flawless, but it would create a meta and trigger the nerf hammer for 2 or 3 of the Troops. It would be irresponsible of me to indirectly hurt the game.

1 Like

Hilarious, really…

4 Likes

Yeah winning 90-95% of Defenses cracks me up too. The team SHOULD barely win half, but most players don’t switch their teams in PvP.

The “creeping up” of your team scores comes from you gaining levels and by that masteries, and by you increasing power levels of your kingdoms.

Except that my team was all max level mythic before 2.0 began, and all my kingdoms have been at level 10 for months. I’m also in a top 10 guild. so my gem masteries are essentially as high as they’re going to get.

As I said, the devs said pre-2.0 that they were going to use an existing database to help calculate team strengths, which means W/L records must also factor into the score.

Are you level 1000? If not, you’re still gaining levels. Since the power formula is unknown to us, it may simply be raw level, and not mastery amount / %, that factors into your team score.

No I’m not level 1000. The team score has gone down a few points after I lose, when nothing else has changed.

Hm. Given that it’s possible to see team score when you temporarily go offline while under the Troop list (and it dynamically updates when you add/remove a troop), I don’t think the score is coming from the server. It’s possible that this is pulling from another place than the “offers” in PvP, though, and might be why there’s such a difference between your score and your enemy’s even at the same relative strength.

Hmm i have never seen that happen to me yet, i will keep a closer look on that in the future.
As for your masteries, they still go up as long as your hero levels up, factoring into your team scores. Your kingdoms power levels factor in(not just the gold levels) as well, i doubt you were all 5 stars when 2.0 hit, also we were given a completely new kingdom you had to level up first and probably gained some stars while you levelled some of your glacial peaks troops.

I didn’t say all five stars, I said all level 10. And yes, I added another level 10 kingdom after the 2.0 release, but thanks to saved gold that took me a matter of seconds to accomplish. My team score has fluctuated since then.