Drop rates for Gold & Mythic reduced from Glory/VIP chests?

I opened at least 30000+ Glory and around 10000+ Gem Chest i only got 1 Mythic… so i think they should increase the drop rates a little bit. I saw lvl 300 guys who had all 4 Mythics…

Wow, that’s all kinds of crappy & I thought I had bad luck with them.

Yep, I also saw those a lot of people below level 200 with a couple. Only 1 more member in my guild didn’t find a mythic with all the keys and gems we got.

I opened 500 Glory Keys and got 2 Mythics, then opened about 8k and got 1. Obviously the drop rates are low and we need a really big sample size to pinpoint the rate, but I’d guess somewhere in the 1 in 5k range (0.05%). That seems about right to me given that Legendaries are like 0.5%.

I think the RNG is just cranky right now. I haven’t gotten an Arcane in explore for a couple of days and my Event chest draws yesterday were awful.

2 Likes

Man I’m on the worst Explore streak since they introduced it. 200+ matches without an arcane or celestial. In fact I’ve gotten 17 runics in a row tonight.

Assuming a 6% chance per match for an Arcane, and a 2% chance for a celestial, the likelihood of going 0-for-200 is about one in 17 million.

Exactly. I had runs where I got 3 in just 30-40 matches. This is crazy. Since posting that I’ve played 12 matches. 3 minors, NINE more runics.

Finally got an arcane. By my count, it was somewhere around 225 matches. Unreal.

Drop rates actually seem fine. The ability to go so long without a drop, however low the chance of that actually happening, is mainly the issue. Given a huge number of people will only get troops in small amounts, the bad feeling of being frozen out of getting stuff over a long enough period of time is enough to counteract the good feeling of actually getting a thing.

By my count, though, 154 glory chests without a legendary is still on the good side. My last data set where I opened 5429 glory chests got me 32 legendaries, or about 1/170. Community estimate is usually 1/200. My longest recalled drought with no legendary from glory chests was well over 500.

This is insane bad luck (my records for over 1000 battles are about 1/16), but good on you for sticking it out. Most people would have probably written off the entire mode, maybe the entire game, if this was their introduction to it despite what other people claim the drop rates were. Once you reach a huge sample size, things even out, but that doesn’t make stretches like this any better when you have to experience them first hand.

Pity drops were discussed at one point. I hope this comes back on the table.

4 Likes

Yeah, fortunately for me, my actual introduction to Explore was something like 12 arcanes in 2 days. I guess I had to pay back all the good RNG luck eventually. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So on my 3rd match this morning, I got another arcane. I went over 200 matches without one, then got 2 in 4 matches.

I’m now nearing in on 100 matches for the day and have yet to get another. :rage:

1 Like

What a wacky stretch. I finally got another at around the 100 match mark. And then got a 2nd one on the very next match. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like the law of large numbers. If you do 10,000 matches the odds should stack up

1 Like

Just crazy. I’ve gotten FIVE arcades today in like 35 matches.

2 Likes

You have to love the RNG in this game. The only thing standing between me and getting Karakoth to 5* for the double mana bonus is 5 RUNIC purples. I got almost 80 tunics in my bad run the other day in Stormheim so I figured I’d just do some explore to get them.

8 matches, no Runics. FOUR arcane death stones! ROFL

1 Like

Abhorath was my last legendary to get (PS4) and I finally got him on Saturday! I’ve been playing since December as well.

I also found my first Crimson Bat and Psion a month ago. While opening chests today I got my second Psion, ha ha.

Thoughts on the RNG in this game=BRUH.

Not sure if we have had a tweak or not, but it’s gotten considerably better since I created this thread. I’ve gotten about 5 legendary cards since and that is more like normal. I am talking glory keys only. When I made the thread, I had gotten zero with the same amount of keys. If nothing has been changed, call it Saturn aligning with Aries with zeta reticulum or something. End result: I’m happier

I have been storing my glory keys for ages but spent approx 400 in that time with only 1 legendary to show from it. Just hope I have more look when I splurge on them.

I got 40% more legendaries from this week’s keys than last week’s. Spent around 3500 keys each week.

Didn’t count the stones though, only troops so that’s probably not a fair reflection.