Draakulis gains health even though he steals no health

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Was in a long fight with Draakulis and Spirit Fox. My team was Lady Anarial, Jotnar and Mercy. I kept on healing, Jotnar kept on putting barrier on my troops and Draak kept on casting. Even though I had most or all of my troops protected by barrier when Draak cast, my troops took no damage but Draak still gained health.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Fight against Draak with any team capable of gaining Barrier and let Draak cast.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
In the screenshots below Draak “steals” 33 mana from all opposing troops. 2/3 have barrier so Draak should only have stolen 33 health but you can see he stole 99 health.

Before:

After:

1 Like

This is intended.

It is for the same reason that Gloom Leaf reflects 50% skull damage even when it takes 0 due to barrier. Some troops specifically use this mechanic. Draakulis is just one of the unfortunate byproducts of it.

The damage is still being done, but it is simply being mitigated to 0 received. In the current state of the game, a similar issue would occur if they ever add cast mitigiation (which is likely why there is no cast mitigation currently in the game).

1 Like

Then at the very least the text needs to be reworded as if you steal nothing then you should get nothing.

1 Like

Think of it this way: he stole 33 from one unit’s Life, then 66 from the other two units’ Barriers.

It’s a lot more annoying when it steals your hp on hit despite being entangled. I think it’s the only troop entangle doesn’t stop in that regard (apart from the hero classes).

Now if you were using draak you would want this to happen in you’re favor.

I like how it works and I hope it stays the same.

Nothing needs reworked here.

The wording of the text needs to be updated to describe what the spell actually does. Just because you have been here for 2.5 years and are used to screwed up game mechanics or descriptions does not mean it should remain that way. I posted this so that this issue could be added to the long list of similar issues that need to be addressed.