Double Rainbow

I don’t agree with you, but that is fine. The game has many strong troops/tactics, I dont see how this would be game changing at all. Valk can fill up Emperor, Mab and Shadow-Hunter in one turn with the Lion banner. And Valk is just a rare rarity troop, gives souls and is predictable. Just an example…

Coatl is garbage. I hate using troops that rely on luck though.

Jarl is the only one I would use but that is because he has good traits too. Even then I would take Lyyas recommendation to bring along Mab

It’s really not about filling up other troops, it’s about filling up itself. Consider what would happen if Valk had blue as one of the two colors.

2 Likes

Actually you are right, I must have missed the point earlier. I just hope it will be changed a little, now it looks a little too random for my taste.

1 Like

I too would like to know this! I suspect the answer is no as I’ve spent about 200 gold keys and not got him, but with the RNG you can never be sure

1 Like

Doing that would be the exact opposite of having a comeback… More like guarantee your loss if the opposing team so happened to use that mana you created a bunch of 4 of a kind set ups for when you didn’t get your extra turn.

That’s the problem - if you don’t get a four of a kind those types of troops are rarely more than a liability. Especially going against today’s meta… All those mana drains and stuns and freezes… You do not want to accidentally give those troops mana or allow them to get 4 of a kinds.

1 Like

I spent around 300 gold keys, and didnt get him, so doubt he has been released yet. I think he will come in the beginning of next event, it says 6 days to change over.

1 Like

Dragonian Rogue is an ultra, yet it outclasses the epic Elwyn in every way. It destroys more gems, its boost ratio is 3x higher, its traits are better, and it targets the last enemy instead of a random one.

Was just thinking that adding a team status effect to Couatl based on the color made would be interesting and give you a fall back for if it makes a useless color for you or ends up not doing anything like just feeding right back into purple/yellow which atm yields no benefits for it because it has no 2nd effect.

Red- Burn
Blue- Freeze
Green- Poison
Yellow- Silence
Brown- Stun
Purple- Disease

9 Likes

Would sync well with Guardians. Spawning the right color would give the Guardian mana from gems, and a 4x boost from status effect.

It would be interesting if casting Couatl allowed you to add an additional mana colour on a particular troop for the remainder of the battle.

For example, turn a mono-colour troop to dual colour, dual colour into Tri-colour etc.

2 Likes

freeze/disease/silence if you roll it would also make failed attempts that leave 4/5 matches on the board not as bad when it happens.

I don’t think it’s overly powerful, no damage (unless it rolls red/green) and you can’t control what effect you’d get which also is not even considering some of the basic immunity traits on some troops that could make it crap out too depending on your roll.

Would turn it into a very pesky kinda support troop with all the different effects it could roll and probably be decent on defense.

Depends on how many gems are still around. You are right though, it would be a pretty risky move with a high chance to backfire. Maybe it would help if the created gems were intentionally spread out to avoid setting up any bigger-than-three matches, meaning you could really only use it to restore a missing color to the board. Or if the blow of a backfire could somehow be lessened, like preventing your opponent to gain mana from the created color the very next turn. Feels too complicated though, maybe the spell just needs a brilliant mind to show us how to put it to good use, it’s not like that hasn’t happened before. :slight_smile:

Complexity is also a factor to take into consideration - the rules text has to fit on a card and be grokkable by the player.
But I do like the idea of a random status effect based on the color generated.

I agree with ^ this post ^. The random status effects would be interesting, but would take too long to fit on a card, perhaps.

But really, how many people would use Couatl even with an upgraded spell? Probably not me.

Nah, all the text has to be is “Create 12 Gems of a random color and apply a status effect to enemy team based on gem created”

I’d use the crap out of a mana generator that applies one of those status effects to the whole team with the potential to stack different effects.

It would at least help if the Couatl got some kind of mana scaling 12 + [1 × magic] to increase the chances of getting a 4/5 match OR give it an extra turn if a specific condition is met so that it won’t backfire on you the majority of the time. It’s already random enough plus you are paying 12 mana for it that could have been used on much more powerful spells.

Another idea would be to make it some kind of mana battery. Make it give you an extra turn, but it drains the mana of all your troops. Then it creates random gems boosted by the amount of mana drained from your troops.

Not sure why it would need a drawback to be given an extra turn. Maybe reduce from 12 to 10, but an extra turn feels appropriate.

Rule of thumb, a total of 16 gems of a color on the board are likely to result in some kind of a cascade. 12 + [1 x magic] adds way above 20 to the already existing gems, which guarantees a cascade that puts even Bone Dragon to shame. Some Legendaries used to create up to 10 gems of a fixed color, the amount was nerfed because it was considered far too powerful.