Doomstone ability doesn't always do skull damage

Note: If you are absolutely uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template. Do not abuse this offer to message developers if you are otherwise comfortable posting your thread publicly. (Please remove this paragraph when submitting your report)

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Platform, device version and operating system
e.g. Android, Samsung Galaxy S8, Nougat

Screenshot or image
If you are on a console simply take a photo using another device. A video is preferred. Try uploading to YouTube Privately.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doinga particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Do you know how to make this happen? Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

You should remove this default text and actually describe the problem you are having. Also screenshots are very usefull.
And if you are talking about Gorgotha’s abillity

it only deals 1 damage per normal skull and 5 damage per doomskull, and only if you explode skulls. It’s abillity doesn’t have a guaranteed damage.

1 Like

The ability will explode the skulls and do zero damage. And when you’re talking about fatal damage to the enemy (that isn’t there) when their mana is full…it can be extremely frustrating. Especially when they wipe you the next turn with that troop that should have been dead.

Sounds like you’ve been introduced to the status effect of ‘Barrier’.

Actually i did encounter this bug a few times. In one match both my and the enemy’s gorgotha didnt do damage when exploding skulls. None had barriers of course. However this bug is sooo rare (only happened to me a couple of times in 10000+ matches) and probably hard to reproduce so i didnt bother reporting it

NK12, thanks for coming back to provide more details on your issue.

1. Who is on the enemy team when this happens?
  2. What traits do they have active?
  3. Does this happen every time you are using Gorgotha or only some of the time?
  4. Is Gorgotha moving over the board when Skulls are matched but the Skull Damage is not appearing visually above the enemy Troop? Or, is Gorgotha simply not moving to do Skull damage at all?

Any screenshots you have would be helpful (even if it’s just showing the board composition after the issue has happened)

I figured it was super rare.

It’s a variety of troops in pvp and exploration. As far as traits, exploration is 2-3 and pvp is always 3. No specifics because it happens with damn near all troops. It isn’t when matching skulls but his ability. It doesn’t happen all of the time. I’ll try to monitor it. I’m on Xbox one x so I’ll try to take a screen shot or even video of it.

No barrier.