Don't show opponent (in bracket 1) until GW defense is locked for the day!

BOOM… no more friend guild cheating…

So either don’t show any opponents anywhere, until the GW starts for that day and your defense team is locked in. Or lock in ALL defense teams (for all days) when GW starts on tuesday, and show all opponents then.
Either way prevents guilds from setting up easy defense for friendly/sister guilds, to max scores.

This pretty much only applies to bracket 1, as the rewards there differ greatly across the 10 spots.
For lower brackets, most teams in that bracket get the same reward (so it would only help against cheating for promotions).

Negative effect side note: you can’t put your strongest defense team up against the strongest opponent.

You have the tools now…

1 Like

It’s a little more complicated than that. Assignment isn’t random within a bracket, final placements of the previous week determine which opponent you will fight on each day.

I know, and they can determine the opponents just like they do now, but just don’t show them.

What would be the point? Those inclined to collaborate would still know at the start of the week whom they would be fighting on, say, day 4?

1 Like

Well, that is the whole point. You don’t know who you are fighting on a day, until it’s to late to change your defense team.

Edited OP to add the bracket 1 and negative effect.

I think you misunderstand. Your final placement at the end of the week decides which other guilds you will be fighting the next week. It’s a fixed assignment, e.g. something like position 3 fighting position 7 on day 5, somebody recently posted the complete list. You just need to look at the results and you know the whole schedule for the next week.

1 Like

Unless all members of the Guild fight opponents in a random order, all you’d need is for one person to set their Defence teams, then post or email the list to everyone else.

ah ok, I didn’t know that… I thought it was random.
then ya… that kills the whole idea :frowning:

So they make everything random, but this is fixed tihihihhi.

Well, all they’d need to do is randomize those results then.
Aka: Instead of having you fight those teams on set days, randomize the days.
That should have like zero impact, you still fight the same 6 teams, just on different days.

Locking the GW defense team happens at the same time for everyone, at the start of GW on that day.
It’s done by the game, not by the player.

Ah, I wasn’t aware of that.

GW schedule:
1st: 10 2 8 7 4 6
2nd: 4 1 6 3 5 9
3rd: 5 6 9 2 7 10
4th: 2 8 5 9 1 7
5th: 3 10 4 6 2 8
6th: 9 3 2 5 10 1
7th: 8 9 10 1 3 4
8th: 7 4 1 10 9 5
9th: 6 7 3 4 8 2
10th: 1 5 7 8 6 3

3 Likes

It is irrelevant where in that listing you start, as long as everyone starts on the same day. So you could randomize which of days 1-6 the GW schedule starts on, then loop back around from day 6 to 1 as needed.

This is surely a low-priority change, given everything else going on right now.

1 Like