Don't Forget! The Unique GW Defend Team Mechanic Added in 3.2 Starts TODAY

This is good but it’d increase the quality of life of a hell of a lot more players if they fixed:

• Troop targeting
  • Dungeons
  • PvP

Guild Wars competitiveness strongly affects a few hundred loud players. Everyone’s got to slum it up in PvP and there aren’t any incentives to vary your defense team there. I know, “competing priorities”, but I’d wager the average player spends more time in PvP than “participating in the top 25 tiers of GW”.

1 Like

All valid points - with one small caveat. There is an incentive not to put up a “meta” defense in PVP, but most people don’t seem to understand the math or are choosing to ignore it:

PVP defense loss + PVP revenge invade win >> PVP defense win + PVP non-revenge invade win

Right now the optimal strategy is to field a weak defense team so that you can rack up the revenge opportunities. If there were an incentive for defense in PVP like the one there is now for GW, then PVP could become more fun again also. Hopefully this GW change is a successful “learning lab” that can be reapplied with some modification to PVP.

1 Like

Seeing a similar notification that Truxton has. I’ve 24 unique troops on defence, yet no matter what I change it tells me I have 22 unique set.
Restarting application has made no difference.

1 Like

@anon43026234 @zachraziel …and those with the 23 problem are you trying to use the Hero class anywhere on any team? Before you tell me the Developers said it would work, I encourage you to look at the forums to see the laundry list of things not working as intended…

1 Like

All of us gonna taste on these losses sooner or later, the pain is when the game is over after you barely had a turn.

A friend of mine told me that it is not a bug, but the devs deliberately coded Elspeth to target the last enemy for CPU. So therefor I doubt it will ever be fixed.

Maybe it is just me, but whenever CPU creates 11 gems on the boards it guarantee an extra turn for them or two, and thats even if there is no mana on the boards already. So yeah Astral Spirt might work sometimes, but still doesnt secure enough. She is also only covering yellow/blue.

1 Like

That shit needs to get broadcast, because my opinion for “how to fix PvP” has always been, “The devs should incentivize PvP teams that aren’t T1 guaranteed winners, especially event-focused teams.”

I think right now the main reason no one gives a shit is the devs made the decision to make your defense record part of your win rate. So I could be Hell on Wheels on offense and go 500-0, but my 120-425 defense record will make my win rate appear as a giant 56%. Competitive players are picky when it comes to win rates so it’s going to take a hell of a reward to make them take the “pride hit” involved with making 50% the baseline “acceptable” win rate. The easiest move is to stop considering the defense record at all, IMO.

1 Like

Am I the only one who can’t change defense teams? They all keep reseting to the deck I use as regular defense…

1 Like

Have you tried to edit the defense teams through the troops menu from the map?

1 Like

This was a stopgap measure to prevent her from killing troops on the enemy team, because right now any troop with a target selection can target any troop on either team. It should be changed back when they correctly fix the targeting issue (along with Black Beast and Sacrificial Priest, who are slightly worse and much worse with this targeting scheme, respectively). They basically had to do it because they can’t get the proper fix in without a client patch, but they had to do something to prevent people from killing entire enemy teams with empowered instakills. Also, she had to keep her actual manual target function because it was tied to the gem spawns, which is why right now we have the glitchy version that can target anyone still for mana gems but always kills the last troop on your team.

I was hit with this earlier. Set 24 unique troops, said I had 21, and the teams were all correctly what I had set. Restarted, score display stayed the same. Changed teams, score display stayed the same. Checked again now hours later (without restarting) and its showing 24 unique troops again.

Click the banner to change what team to set. Using Edit Teams will only change the contents of the teams, not which teams you are using.

3 Likes

They temporarily changed Elspeths spell because the game was bugged and was allowing her to target anyone. Once that target bug is fixed, hopefully she’ll get changed back to what she was…

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve tried that.

As for @Eika 's method, it would change all my teams (GW and regular).

But don’t worry, @Gerry1366 sent me a message with a solution that worked.
After clicking on the banner like Mithran said, I also had to push the “Edit Team” button for it to be saved.

1 Like

Is there any confirmations that she will?

2 Likes

I replaced the Hero with another troop. Still showing 23 and 11 500. :slightly_frowning_face:
I also tried to use another team that dont include the hero, same result.
The strange thing is when I 1st arrive in the defense menu, and the cursor is in the 1st day defense, it display 24 uniques and 12000. Its only when I select other days that it switch to 23 uniques and 11 500 pts. Then even if I select 1st day again, it will also display 23 / 11 500.

2 Likes

I think so, Oz said it was temporary:

4 Likes

Lets hope it wont take months before we see this fix.

2 Likes

Let’s hope so… but remember how long impervious was broken for?!

Anyway, it was easy to miss Oz’s post given the million “I hate the UI” threads clogging up the boards :rofl:

2 Likes

It will get fixed. The devs changed the code as a temporary fix for the earlier targeting bug that people were exploiting.

3 Likes

I checked and double checked to ensure I used 24 unique defense troops, yet it said I only used 22… and the first day said I was only using 3 unique (troops were: Psion (sp), Queen Mab, Plague, Kraken)

This is ridiculous… didn’t have the hero set on any team (cause I hate that you can only have one class active at any given time)

1 Like

I think we’ve figured out the source of the problem for those that are not registering the correct number of unique defenders:

3 Likes

Hopefully it was only a display issue? Hopefully is a hot fix without a need for an update

1 Like