Do you like the Arena Revamp?

You know, having 2 troops and a weapon of that rarity for each draft, 3 troops and a weapon or even pick all 4 troops then have the option of 1 weapon of each rarity to replace a troop with could be fun.

With regards to rerolling for empowered troops, that seems to be what people do anyway: reroll to get a team they feel is competent. I’ve never rerolled, but I assume the only thing people hate more than arena is losing in arena.

I can honestly say I never re rolled on the old arena, but have done so on the new arena once or twice. Basically due to an insurmountable lack of damage potential. No use wasting time with a team that does nothing, lol. On the old system I would give it a go and hope to find the right weapon to leverage all of that support. :woman_shrugging:

But now we have end game carrot in the form of extra offers, and people who hate arena feeling pressure to play it for those offers. Arena was never something for the min max crowd, but now it is. And the folks who hate the mode but are chasing deed offers, are not going to sit back and “enjoy” the quirkiness of the mode. They are going to wait for the ringer team and zap on through. This is fine, except that those winning ringer teams become the AI teams. Right now, still sort of fine. With traits it could become problematic.

2 Likes

But they can care less about 99% of us, they only listen to the big spenders and elite guilds… Anyone thinks I am wrong, all you gotta do is read posts about big changes and the ones who defend those changes.

They probably do know just how bad the old arena was and that the ‘new’ arena is even worse. I assume it’s just business. Some bean counter and metrics hawk figured they can increase the bottom line more by dialing up the frustration factor and coercing players into buying VIP 4 and gem packs than by growing the player base. (They’re probably right.)

1 Like

I am not sure if they even know it. If anything, I think they think it is better and more enjoyable than before.

They are not affected by anyone with the big changes that they make. They do these based of what gives them the most profit and at the same time to make sure that they get enough money to make sure that the game is up running, wages for the staff etc. - like any other big gaming companies.

If they listened to the Elite Guilds as you assumed, they surely wouldnt get enough money to even run the game. Most players doesnt want to spend money on a free game, or they want to spend as little as possible, Elite or not.

I’m not sure if people are still asking if Pet Gnomes are in Arena, but just for the record I found one this morning.

1 Like

It seems to have been ninja fixed a few weeks ago.

1 Like

It is force fed RNG junk. Three RNG troop choices four times. Siegebreaker? Congrats make that TWO choices! Godslayer? Oops! Maybe you get synergy? Maybe you don’t! Then you deal with the regular RNG but without traits and without leveled troops. Little room for error with little control over errors. Zero. Redeeming. Qualities. Yes, I know you can pay gems to skip. Thank you! You’re soooo helpful.

1 Like