Dissapointed with the new limit of Souls

@Sirrian and @weliton

I think the most likely culprit is that if you were playing in 1.9 with an increased difficulty on PVP that those multiplayers no longer apply in PVP in 2.0

I had a similar instance when I noticed my new cap was 120 in PVP and I thought maybe I had to cast Valkyrie another time but when I played the same deck grinding challenges I did receive the usual 130 souls for 2 Valkyrie casts. This is what I believe to be most likely

1 Like

what is the difficulty you played at? What was its base unarmored cap at?

An unarmored, VIP 0 limit is 40 on normal difficulty

2x armor +VIP 10= 120
2x armor + VIP 10 + hard= 130 (120 in PVP)

So weā€™re investigating this issue and would like to know the following from player seeing this:

1. What type of battle are you playing? (Ranked PVP, Casual PVP, Challenge, etc)
  2. What Armor are you wearing?
  3. What difficulty are you playing on?
  4. What Team are you running?
  5. What Soul rewards are you getting?
  6. What platform are you playing on?

@Nimhain would VIP level also be needed?

Yes that would be good

Sorry I am not the one experiencing the issue I just wanted to make sure you got all the info you need to sort things out

What type of battle are you playing? (Ranked PVP, Casual PVP, Challenge, etc)
I play the challenges, casual pvp
What Armor are you wearing?
Dragon armour
What difficulty are you playing on?
Hard difficulty, because extra turns reset cascade timer.
What Team are you running?
@x serpent, 2x valkyrie
What Soul rewards are you getting?
60 souls
What platform are you playing on?
steam version
Do to a bug issue thing i put a ticket in for already, i am at vip rank 4 without spending money.

@Nimhain, @Sirrian, itā€™s a misunderstanding : soul cap didnā€™t change.

Itā€™s just that, since difficulty doesnā€™t affect ranked PvP anymore, difficulty doesnā€™t affect the resource multiplier in ranked PvP either.

So, say Iā€™m on Warlord 4 with Dragon armor, on the world map, I get ā€œSoul * 2.5ā€ displayed and expect to be able to earn up to 402.5=100 souls per battle.
I go play some ranked PvP and end up with 40
1.5 = 60 souls as, even though I selected Warlord 4, Iā€™m actually playing normal difficulty.
So people feel like the soul cap was lowered while, in reality, itā€™s just that the difficulty multiplier gets ignoredā€¦

@Sirrian @Nimhain
Soul caps didnā€™t decrease, lots of people were simply used to playing PvP at Hard or higher and getting the reward, when this is no longer possible for ranked, so people are actually getting the correct reward for ranked PvP, as it is always played on normal difficulty regardless of Hero difficulty setting.

However, unranked PvP currently performs the stat modification on the enemy troops but does not give the correct difficulty modifiers for rewards (souls, at least, this is very easy to confirm - two casts of Valk with two necromancy troops more than tops the cap for me). Iā€™ve played several battles on Hard, Warlord I, and Warlord 4 in casual PvP, which gave the correct stat modifiers to the enemy troops, but all rewards maxed at 90 souls with VIP 6 and +100% soul armor (deathknight). This is the same reward I would get for playing a challenge on normal difficulty or playing Ranked PvP. So the reward modifiers are correct for ranked PvP (but maybe not otherā€™s understanding of them) but incorrect for casual/unranked.

I was first to say this :wink:

I finally played to tier 1. It took 53 battles. That is 250% of what it took to get to rank 1 pre-update.

Impressions:

1. Not faster. Not slower eitherā€“about the same time PER GAME.
  2. Took me at least twice as long as it used to for the match, and probably 2.5 times as long, since I fought that many more battles. I didnā€™t set a timer, so not sure on this. ( I did say impressions as opposed to facts.)
  3. Less gold. I got slightly more gold overall than I used to get on my way to rank 1, but it added up much slower. Part of that is due to the difficulty factor being fixed now, but most is due to not being able to search out the high-payoff opponents. My top payout, with bonuses, was only slightly over 2000 gold. I used to average well over that with several payouts approaching 5K.
  4. More other resources. The souls quantities were kind of lame, but the glory and keys were nice.
  5. I noticed my gold and soul bonuses did not apply to the tier rewards. Why is that?

Overall:
I like that fact that you can play a little longer and earn a little more. Iā€™m obviously done now, as Iā€™ve achieved tier 1 but my rank is still 11000 or something. Donā€™t see me ever taking advantage of that part.

Bottom line is if you fight only 21 battles now, which was often as many as I could fit in, you will take a hit. I still donā€™t know how much of a hitā€“next week Iā€™ll look at where I am at battle 21. But I donā€™t like that.