Disregard this pointless thread

Perhaps come back to the PS4 Vangor as I mentioned we are not seeing just 5 troops on defence anymore. I’ll attempt to do a summary of the top 100 ranked players this week to get a breakdown but it appears the PC/Mobile game has a far larger problem of variety than we do on the console :thinking:

I think this topic is a good one, but I ask that you please take personal issues to PM so the thread can stay on topic. (I’ve cleaned up some posts, so this is more an FYI going forward.)

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be every game to be annoying, frustrating, and detrimental to the game. I’d guess the threshold is actually pretty tight. Like at a 70% win rate people are super unhappy but at 85% they’re totally happy.

Regardless, when all of your losses are b/c of one reason, and even if it’s only 1 in 6 matches, that’s enough to really grate on you over the course of months.

1 Like

I’m not sure people actually are happy at a 85% win rate. I think even at 90% there are plenty of bruised egos when a match doesn’t go your way. It all depends on how you lose, whether it’s via something you perceive to be under your control or not. It’s the difference between being able to treat a loss as a learning opportunity or just an unavoidable kick in the teeth.

6 Likes

Thanks @vangor for sticking your head out to voice an unpopular view starting this thread. But I’d add it’s gonna be unpopular for a reason: most people disagree. I think your opening proposition is misplaced and unhelpful. The nerf/don’t nerf debate has been here for nearly three years. The reasons on both sides don’t change really. The only things that sadden me are (1) the devs seem much slower now to act on feedback and data with balancing adjustments and (2) they periodically seem to let their children design troops.

5 Likes

Heh… No worries @Jainus i wont be voicing unpopular opinions anymore

@Lyya feel free to lock this thread. There is nothing that will be achieved here

Be good if they nerfed Krystenax actually.

1 Like

You stomp one meta to the ground and another meta will form.
Defense is only as good as the that AI plays it. That alone limits the choice and combinations of troops.

Whenever I test around teams in def I’m disappointed how poorly they’re played.

On the other hand it’s just automated defense. If people would care less about it then there would be more variety.

So everybody who complains but uses the very same troops better starts the change with oneself. shrugs

I’m having a great variation of meta troops in pvp xD
The ones Grundulum listed +some others like:
Korvash/Valk/Justice/Mab
and momentarily a nice amount of not-always-the-same teams (but still known ones [Wulfgarok, Spirit Fox, Draakulis, Psion, Silent One]). Lately I see more and more Suncrest team around Sunbird.

And what are the weekly events for? Had a good, large, different troops settings of Undeads this week to beat. :3

I agree shiny should be nerfed… TDS too

Nah just Krystenax.

No troop should be able to do ALL of the following:

• deal stupid levels of AOE dmg
  • board control
  • gain mana without matching gems of its own colour
  • perform the role of front row tank AND back row summoner

This troop is wholly unbalanced no matter what lens people may try and apply.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s so problematic in defense.
not

TDS is more annoying in def. Had it once revive 5x -.-

Salad should be nerfed too! C’mon entangle on 4 or 5 gem matches? Its too OP. Should be changed to air link

Does anybody see the elephant in this room?

Btw i will keep updating the title of this thread to match where. The conversation goes

Just cuz im 500 lbs you shouldnt call me an elephant

And you are right! Mab should be nerfed too! Change her freeze trait to stone link!

sounds sick
what about real life?

It’s plain to the eye that you are a gorilla.
(Yes, I’m a teapot.)

1 Like

Well… That leads to the obvious question

Are you short and stout?

Also since you are a teapot, were you aware that you are being sat upon by a pink alien?