Discontented with guild but am I asking too much?

I am not getting much out of my guild but wonder if as a relatively low-level player I am expecting too much! I joined it by accident by clicking on the wrong spot not long after I started GoW. But what did I know? But increasingly I am wondering if I am missing out on something. Specifically:

The guild: My guild–let’s call them the Sleepers–has 30 members and is apparently run by a Russian (all the ranks and such are in Cyrillic). There are 10 active members and 20 sleeping members. There hasn’t been a piece of chat posted in over two months. Last Guild War I was the only participant from the guild, but generally I am second in gold contributed weekly and overall (but about 160 levels higher than the next-highest ranking member). The Sleepers rank in the 7,000s somewhere. They have no weekly requirements.

Me: currently level 422, somewhere in that endless zone of kingdom development and traitstone mining. I play far too much, very addicted, and have advanced from level 235 to 422 since the first of the year. Maxed out my first class and working on another one now. Guess that makes me late-early or early-middle level…? I have three Mythic troops which makes me pretty lucky based on some of the information in the game guide.

Anyway my question is, should I quit the Sleepers and seek out a new guild, or is the current gang reasonable for a player of my level?

2 Likes

There are tons of active guilds, when you choose a random its not usually great. The best approach is to use global chat and state you are looking for an active guild, people will then pitch you offers for various guilds and let you know the requirements

2 Likes

You may even get offers here now

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes, you should absolutely quit. Plenty of active guilds recruiting for your level as well.

Very long answer: Like you, I randomly joined a guild when I started this game. I quickly figured out that my then-guild members were not in this game with the same intentions as I was, which was to get the most out of it as I possibly could and do whatever to catch up with the top players despite joining this game far too late. Went to this forum and started going through the guild recruitment channel here (as @awryan suggested below) and found out that most top guilds maintain “training ground guilds” aka guilds where you can get the help and support from veteran members while cooperating with active members your level to grow quickly and not miss out on all the small things the game doesn’t specifically tell you.
Not to mention the rewards you’re missing out on from being in an active guild. This is a huge bump in your resources, allowing you to grow much quicker than you’ve been doing thus far.

So to sum it up, let me get back to my initial short answer: Yes! :wink:

3 Likes

Or since you are on the forums already. Click on guild recruitment PC/mobile category.

1 Like

That guild is profiting from your gameplay and giving nothing back. Drop them and find a guild that takes low-level players.

Even if it’s a casual, low-level guild, 25-30 active players are going to make more progress than the 28 people you are outperforming. Don’t do free work for people.

I have sent you a pm :grinning:

Definitely move on. Just poke around on here or in global chat in-game. There are a ton of guilds looming for active players. The key is finding a guild whose average player matches your play level & activity for you to benefit the most from (and subsequently for them to benefit from you).