Dimetraxia is way too weak

I believe this falls under a more broad category that we have discussed not so long ago. And most of us agreed. All damage randomly split is out of balance to the weak side. Just like single target abilities

In short, the topic talks about magic being an extremely outdated stat. Anything that isn’t AoE doesn’t make sense with magic after playing this game for more than a month.

The proposal and idea was to band-aid the system with different ratios as following.

• Damage randomly split magic scaling increased to 200% (to give it an identity of low AoE but strong single target, which is extremely conditional)
  • Single target damage scaling from magic increased to 150% (true damage stays 100%)
  • Single target buffs (giving only one stat from health, armor, attack or magic) scaling from magic increased to 150%

(On the other hand, the issue can be helped by simply reducing the ratio of AoE (and multi-buffing) abilities by some amount, let’s say 30%)

[spoiler] The proposed numbers would raise the effect of split damage to roughly 5 more damage per target, but would become more potent at execution (at which point you’ve probably already won anyway).
For single target damage abilities, the damage would go up to around 10.
And it would leave early game the same way it is, since magic is low at those areas.

Troops have around 55 HP/Armor stats without +1 kingdoms, 70 with guild bonuses, and around 90 end-game with all bonuses. I doubt promoting Split Damage or Single Target damage by straightforward buff would break the game. You’d need 8-12 casts of single target damage ability (you also need to charge them) to win. It usually takes me 3-4 casts of AoE to win a game. [/spoiler]

Sorry for the long reply, but I do believe this is an issue that requires attention sooner or later. Especially when there’s more progress for the game scheduled (+2 kingdom stats, 4 total).

1 Like