I do humbly believe that I’ve found the best team for players struggling with card limitations.
Little bit of backstory, I went until level 100 without any legendaries, completing all quests and obtaining all Common(white), Rare(Green), and Ultra-Rare(blue). Having done so, I found that I enjoyed Sunweaver’s entire concept; so… I began to experiment.
This was the first deck i came up with; won 90% of my matches:
After a lucky draw from a glory key, I formed this team;winning 95% of my matches, skipping all (Possibly hard teams, including goblins):
Then, me and my brother @DarkMakor decided to theory craft a bit more, we like to share ideas and builds… He doesn’t have Aziris. Doing Arena we discovered how potent the Wight could be and we wanted to put it in the build somehow, especially since he matched the set bonuses going on.
This is when i took to the Forums with this post: http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/sunweaver-build/
With a little bit of insight from @utfanx2 and their constant suggestion of legendaries i didn’t have I got the inspiration to make an extremely accessible deck and thus… I have created a build that I have played 200 matches and only lost one (Due to the board refusing to spawn ANY blue matches at all [explained in a moment]) - at this point i’m not limited by any enemy; I do not even scout anymore, just search for a high gold target, and enter the match.
Thus without further ado, I introduce to you: “DeathWeaver”
This build only requires 2 traits to be successful: Druids’ and Wight’s Water Link This combined with the Giant’s Banner will give you +4 Blue mana on match, which will yeild 7 mana, and in consequence will charge Sunweaver in 2 blue matches… But that’s not all…when you self-cast sunweaver, she regains 6 mana, allowing only one more blue match to enable her to cast another
Ancient’s Glory:Increase Attack, Armor and Life of an Ally by [2+Magic]. Ally also gains 6 Mana.
Let’s take a closer look into Ancient’s Glory, and see how well it can scale from a low tier player, to a high tier player - It just keeps getting better.
+2 Skill base
+4 Base Magic @ level 15.
+1 Magic from Undead Captain
+2 Magic from Darkstone & Karakoth (+4 @ 5*Power)
+3 Magic from Water Spirit being her third Trait
=+12 Increase Attack, Armor and Life of an Ally
Gameplay: Focus all efforts on blue matches to charge Sunweaver, from there, gather magic until skeleton is fully charges - gauge how the match is going… Can you loop sunweaver 2-4 times? If so, get sunweaver to the point she can one shot everything, then cast skeleton… with luck, you will wipe the board, or at least clear your first target. Do not be afraid to cast Ancient’s Glory on skeleton to help him gather mana when you are being starved - Continue to rinse and repeat until match is over.
Weakness and balance:
- I’ve tried and tested this build as a defence, and it loses 75% of the matches. This is not an AI build by any means.
- This build can easily be shut down by a trueshot build or high damage front runner.
- This build is reliant on Sunweaver; yes she has died in several of my matches… when she does, prepare for a 3-5 minute match Wight does true damage and has self-cast life gain, and druid has a very nice cleanup spell so all is not lost.
- Build up time is too much…It’s a huge downfall an unlucky stride of no blue will leave you sitting hopeless most the time causing Sunweaver herself to die. On the other hand. just like any other build up team, it CAN and WILL completely obliterate everything when the mana falls correctly.
- To add to #4: being Mana starved will ruin everything.
Have a team that’s on par, or even better with no Legendary or NON-Quest Epics? feel free to post builds; but I believe i’m on to something here