Diamantina Viability

Finally nabbed Diamantina!

With recent Tesla buffs and the release of the Ruby Macaque, I’m unsure how useful Diamantina actually is. For those who have her, do you still use her? What teams do you recommend?

2 Likes

Congrats!

[6146,7251,7249,6638,3063,3,3,2,3,1,1,1,14024]

I like this team and use it a lot. You can also do the green version with natureborn hunter and emeraldrin. I think these are courtesy of @Hazard1.

It’s not as fast as double tesla or the silverglade Ruby team but still very strong.

2 Likes

What gamemode do you usually use this in?

Isnt doubel Diamantina better than Amethialas?

@NerdieBirdie Congrats on mythic Diamantina!

1 Like

Diamantina will always be viable in Holiday events and low level delves as a no-thought easy early win troop.

Medaling Diamantina adds a sizeable amount of damage since Dia is a mage and has 2*Magic

Without getting myself annoyed at nothing, I’d like to downplay Tesla’s buff and downplay the impact of Ruby Macaque and would say don’t underestimate an easier to use Phoenicia with an extra turn potential in Diamantina. Dia has a lot of out of the box uses, including using it as a starting skull storm.

4 Likes

not necessarily.

Amethialas switches the storm from a Skull storm to a Purple storm which makes it easier to fill Thrall, while still providing that Ame 3rd trait to buff up Diamantina’s magic damage output. Also, using 4 different purple troops gives a 3 magic minor bonus buff.

In terms of long term E12 farming, filling up 60 mana for 2 Diamantinas isn’t the most reliable in one Thrall cast, and at that point, you may as well have 1 super powered one over 2 of them.

5 Likes

Valid points.

I use it for PVP and explore. It does help to gold medal Dia. I did not post a double Dia team because I did not know if you had two, and for the reasons listed by @TheIdleOne, I find Dia with another color dragon usually is faster. Basic dbl Dia team is wand, dia, dia, lep.

Another fun Dia team is celestial flask, Dia, lep, lep. Again PVP or explore.

Explore level depends on where you are in your game - I’ve used these from 9-12.

1 Like

One shots PvP 1

2 shots PvP 3

Using

Wand
Diamantina
Frostfire king (freeze)
Leprechaun

Frostmage class

Quickest wins I can get on pvp3.

No problems with.

Tower EK
Goblins
Chalcedony

1 Like

Which pet?

The starry one from Karakoth.
imagem_2023-11-07_055741288

3 Likes

I have four copies of Diamantina and run a double Diamantina team every day for AB and dungeon. I use the same team in PvP sometimes. Use her in events whenever I can, am using her in the current Werewolf whatever event.

Diamantina
Diamantina
Essencia
Leprechaun

Edit: Also this team absolutely tears up Vault battles.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I have this team too somewhere. Which banner do you use? Double yellow because of Essencia’s storm?

[6146,7251,7251,7312,3081,3,2,3,1,2,1,1,14036]

Even without essencia, this works well for me.

I like the bonestorm because it potentially increases damage and extra turn possibilities.

1 Like

I’m using that purple Dia team I posted in today’s faction assault. I cast lep, then Dia one shots everyone up thru level 80 or so - it will depend on your stats of course. But the underworld buff is pretty great. At higher levels, I usually fill both Dia and Ameth. before casting Dia for the first time, then it is all over quickly.