Devs, your Luck AI changes have ruined this game!

I noticed a new feature recently: “last troop alive becomes immortal”
It happened to me several times that one Mab or one Kraken with a few HP (even one!) starts cascading until all of your troops are gone. I can’t really understand how this attitude could be good for the game. Over level 1000 is a fustrating hell.

And let’s not talk about GW.

Man… That sounds frustrating! Is it every time? Because if it is could you post a video of it? I personally would love to actually see this happen!

Not every time of course! Just several. I can take videos, to illustrate my whinings in the future.
@Vangor btw, some of your posts have been very useful in the past, thanks.

1 Like

Happened a couple of times to me, but I just assume I’m unlucky.

Had a Dragon Soul respawn 7 times until it had killed my whole team. Along with a Wisp that was so annoyed I killed his/her friends it didn’t give me another turn and took out all 4 troops.

As I said though. Bad luck.

At times it does feel like the game just decides you’re not allowed to win certain matches :thinking:

1 Like

I am sorry but i cant tell if this is sarcastic or not brudda

Actually not, it’s for real :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh then i am glad you have found any of my insane ramblings helpful brudda! Lol

3 Likes

This. A thousand times this. Some games the AI decides to enable God mode. And while I recognize intellectually that it’s just bad luck, it still hits emotionally.

5 Likes

And this is the reason it needs to be addressed. The reason why a casual match 3 game needs to have a “hidden/secret” combo breaker to prevent the AI from running away with a match. It’s not because we can’t win or design teams to dominate, we can. It is because you string enough of those “lucky losses” together and then emotionally you are taxed and no longer find the game fun. And at the end of the day, no matter how much emphasis we put on other elements (Guild, Forums, other social media communities) the bottom line is we play GoW for the fun of it.

If gamers feel the fun is gone then they too will choose to be gone. It is the psychology of gaming, plain and simple. At least imho, of course! :wink:

5 Likes

I understand that TDS is only suppoaed to be a 10% chance to respawn but if one does for me after killing it then it will minimum spawn 3 times in a match that trait is flawed broken imo.

Infernal King has the same trait I think and is also a problem. However it’s rarely used so not noticed.

It’s 25%. Still should only be about a 1.5% chance to respawn three times in a row, but not as rare as if it were a 10% chance (would then be 0.1% chance of three respawns).

Well I’ve just spent 2 hours trying out a mech team, a different elemaugrim team and a Pharos-Ra /famine team. Unfortunately I couldn’t really tell you how it went because the ai CONSTANTLY got skydrops of skulls and extra turn mana skydrops. The game is a fucking mess and I really have to question why I’m still even playing it.
I like to give people something different to attack but the game is so unbelievable it’s pretty much pointless.

1 Like

Sometimes I feel that certains troops or combination of troops get extra RNG grief.

I have had an enemy TDS respawn as many as 8 times on me, no joke. It gets extremely annoying. Same with Infernal King. I think the chance should decrease a little with each consecutive resurrect.

1 Like

I would almost prefer 1 guaranteed respawn with NO additional chances… imho.

4 Likes

Yea as streaky as it has been in my experience I’d agree. Generally first respawn appears at the correct rate but it has a tendency to respawn 3+ times. The most I’ve seen is 10x, anecdotally I’ve heard as many as 16x. When we had double bonuses of 25% and they were fielded more heavily on defense it wasn’t uncommon to see 3-4 respawns of 6+ per hour which greatly defies the odds.

I had the same thing happen a Dragon Soul resurrected 6 times and killed an entire team from almost full health on it’s own. I really couldn’t complain though since it was my Dragon Soul and it was a GW battle.

4 Likes

Same here. dragon Soul resurrected 7 times against me, but managed to pull out a win somehow. This happens too often to believe it’s actually a 25% chance…

not an expert here, but agree that Luck AI isn’t doing anything good. and from my little experience… 25% chance is too much, i would say that it is at least 50/50 and this annoys me a lot so much that i even need to search for drug reviews often, lol. my nerve issues would kill me someday :smiley: anyway. i have few questions if some members could help me with… thanks!