Devs plz give us guild wars back fortnightly

I didn’t mind Raid so much this week.

Oops off topic, my bad :rofl:

I vote for GW back fortnightly though
/s

2 Likes

I do, so please don’t speak for everyone anymore.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Imho guild wars are one of the most boring and non profit for us players events in gw. Will i go around saying to extend invasion/raid eevents? Or removing guild wars altogether? No and neither should you. Let people enjoy what they enjoy

2 Likes

Pedantic. You only have a set amount of characters for the title- if you read further it does say ‘at least’.

I have no intention of trying to ‘stop people enjoy what they enjoy’. I also did at no point say the Devs should remove anything.
But one could easily say that by removing three of the four GW’s we used to have (and some of us loved), that this has been done, already, to us.
I enjoy competition and strategy.
Guild Wars is the only game mode that sorts the good players from the pay 2 win.

2 Likes

Too many keyboard warriors.
He who shouts loudest- isn’t always the majority.

There have been waaaayyyyy too many posts on this in the past couple months, and they always get the same amount of agreements and disagreements. I don’t always like the changes the devs make in this game, but I chose to move forward with the changes and look at the silver linings. Modes that I used to despise, I now really, really enjoy. The devs can do whatever they want, it is their game. Sure, some long time members might leave, but I see new people joining everyday as well. You either have to roll with the punches, or leave the game. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

I don’t agree. Guild Wars isn’t that fun. I would prefer even MORE events that push Guild Wars even further apart.

Devs, if you have to listen to someone on this subject, please don’t let it be the person who discourages discussion and calls people names. Thank you.

6 Likes

What i would love is if the Devs implemented a way for people to contribute event points by either raiding/invading or guild wars, so players could choose the mode they enjoy more to contribute to their guild.

3 Likes

Attach the earning of seals to everything and you have the best idea ever.

2 Likes

That right there is dictating and forbidding. However, with it being an open forum, it doesn’t do much good.

I agree it is a very selfish statement to make. It does’nt hinder anything tho. People will share their opinions on differently topics - no matter what is said in the OP.

2 Likes

Neither is the 4 likes & lack of support thus far in this thread. How’s that going for you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

For a post that starts like that, sure seems to be a lot more people disagreeing than not.

There’s a really small minority that plays the game at a top, hyper-competitive level and needs the confirmation of how ‘good’ they are compared to other guilds/players. There’s only 135 guilds that scored 1M points last week. That’s (at most) 4050 players. I don’t know how many players the game has, but gonna guess it’s significantly more than 4050.

GW at this point is an outlier. Everything else is built on an updated mechanic which seems far better suited for both the experience of the players and the bottom line of GoW. Those are the most important things to the survival of the game, and so I don’t see either changing any time soon.

Seems far more likely GW’s gonna get a facelift (especially given other comments in the thread) before it gets a frequency-lift.

I’ll remember to shout down my GF for trying to dictate my actions next time she says please bring out the trash
Anyway, obviously it was a futile and naive attempt by the OP, but seeing how all pro GW threads get swarmed and drowned by the anti GW people(just as this one inevitably is) i get where the OP was coming from, however awkward the attempt was.
Now lets not get hung up on that clumsy attempt by the OP and continue to swarm this thread with anti GW messages like civilized people.

2 Likes

So you feel a need to stick it to the pay 2 win group?

I don’t really get pay 2 win … can I pay an amount of money to have something that gives me an instant win? Or can I spend a lot of gems for a lot of sigils, that then require me to play many, many hours of a game mode to use those sigils?

I can add sigils that force me to play the game if I want to use those sigils… That sounds like work and effort are involved… You see someone playing a game mode say 12 hours straight as pay to win?

Most people that do something for 12 hours straight, well, they usually expect compensation, not to pay for the honors of working their butts off like those that play non-stop to top the event leader-boards.

While I and many others do enjoy GW, this thread has no point other than the OP being a strawman to be burned at the stake.

His argument is poorly constructed, demanding, and a grammatical apocalypse overall. I agree with more GW, but a balance that pleases everyone is difficult to implement. I have many reasons to prefer GW, defend GW and have done so in the past. I have requested to be informed why people prefer invasion or raid as I can forgive invasion, but I loathe raid. Since I never received responses there, there is no way in HFIL I or any sane person would argue for this thread given the harsh negativity and rudeness since the OP basically asked for it.

As such, there is nothing to be gained except punching an extremist so to speak for the GW crowd and at best other pro GWs have to outcry that this person doesn’t speak for us.

3 Likes

Raid. I do not hurt my guild if I lose to raid boss.
Invasion. I do not hurt my guild if towers defeat me.

Guild Wars. My defense losses hurt my guild. My score, if low, hurts my guild. If I lose a match I hurt my guild. Every move it’s essential to be the right move, or my score is effected, and thus all scoring that detracts from my total points – hurts my guild.

Raid. I can throw some extra gems at to help close portals.
Invasion. Same deal as Raid.

Guild Wars… my total score is my only contribution, thus I actually hurt my guild by doing anything but winning and scoring high.

I hope that explains why I prefer raids and invasions, not to mention that I also enjoy playing more of the game, not less.

4 Likes

I like GW as well. I just don’t want it more frequently from a GM point of view. Too much depends on having a full & cooperative roster of 30, which is not sustainable in most guilds. Don’t need the added stress & time involved in having to recruit every week to replace the burn out. Unlike GW, people coming & going in a guild doesn’t really adversely affect completing raid & invasion.

4 Likes