Devs PLEASE give us Pet Gnomes in explore! šŸ™

Even then I and all of us would absolutely love for pet gnomes to be in Explore, itā€™s unfortunately very obvious why it wonā€™t happen any time soon or ever: there already is very little reason to play PVP now so making pet gnomes no longer exclusive to it will further reduce the incentive to play PVP.

Salty has confirmed that PVP will be updated eventually, which will hopefully make it more attractive. Further, Arena is confirmed for a rework eventually and thus its source of pet gnomes will become attractive as well.

As is, having pet gnomes exclusive to a dead game mode is most frustrating, but I completely understand why the devs refuse to change this.

@Saltypatra The suggestion to increase pet gnome rates in PVP is a very good suggestion in my opinion since it helps with player complaints that pets are too hard to acquire while also incentivizing playing PVP. Two birds, one stone. And then the devs can tout this as a way they did something for the community.

5 Likes

This would be swell.

@Smeeg had an idea in another thread that I liked: If a pet gnome is triggered while another pet event is up (like on Wednesdays), instead of receiving two white pet food, you receive pet gnome bait.

2 Likes

I like the idea, too, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s too generous and would ā€œbreak the economyā€ (i.e. ā€œremove the pet gates intended to frustrate players into spending their way past themā€).

I wouldnā€™t be opposed to them giving (yet another) crafting resource, though. 1/5 of a thing I could use to create a pet bait would result in a few more pet rescues over time, but not as many, and it would have the added benefit of making a thing already in the game not something with which only people who pay can interact.

Iā€™d be pretty curious to see what current pet bait purchase numbers are. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re not zeroā€”but Itā€™d be pretty surprising to me if they were lucrative. Maybe if more people got a little taste, theyā€™d want to buy in (which is why the game gives free gems, right? Get Tiers I and II for free, tempt you to spring to buy Tier IIIā€¦).

3 Likes

AND arena we have a mini trophy event in our guild FAMILY (just something fun we do) Iā€™ve been doing arena pretty heavy Iā€™ve seen tons of gnomes and 0 PET just like pvp tons of gnomes 0 pet ITS RIDICILOUS in explore u see tons and 0 pet (I know no pets in exolore) but my point is if pets r only going to b exclusive to pvp and arena then MAKE THEM THE ONLY GNOMES THEREā€¦not only did u rob of us pet gnomes BUT u added even more which has dropped the percentage even worse on even pulling a pet gnome the only reason to do pvp now (since u have just KILLED it) is for a pet gnome SO make them the ONLY GNOMES IN PVP AND ARENA so on the days we wanna go pet gnome hunting we dont waste an entire day and come up with 0 pet gnomes
And your solution to add them to the daily deals not a fix so far Iā€™ve had 1 pet offer and it wouldnā€™t do me any good Iā€™ll never buy something I should b able to get in game I play literally all day everyday no reason I cant get pet gnomes I will continue to buy things here and there to support u but those daily deals LOL not gonna happen

1 Like

It wonā€™t happen. Pets are staying in pvp only for sure. The devs are trying (understandably in many respects) to inhibit progression. If they donā€™t slow players down they have to keep releasing new stuff to keep you engaged and potentially spending money. That increases their workload and more and more content overwhelms many players and they quit. Itā€™s economics at the end of the day. If you want pets then play pvp and/or spend gems on the pet loot boxes. Explore is an obvious gold, medal and trophy incentive and the devs know that. You canā€™t have it both ways. Advance kingdoms or chase Geoffā€™s carrotā€¦your choice.

1 Like

We should only get the Pet Gnome in the PvP mode(s), however, I played hundreds of battles without any kind of Gnome(s) appearing. They must have nerfed them, including the Pet Gnome!

2 Likes

HECK NO!
Pvp is the only map (besides treasure maps) that I never touch. I hate competition and all battles there are either boringly easy or an exercise in frustration.

345 Pvps fights this week, 0 pet Gnomes, around 5 or 6 USELESS Treasure Gnomes.

Yeah I agree with only let pet Gnomes on Pvp then.

2 Likes

There are 20 EUR packs that you can buy to get a (random) Pet Gnome.
I donā€™t think they will do it because many people are probably buying them.

1 Like

For 20 euros I donā€™t wanna a random Pet Gnome, I want a exclusive Pet which gives me 10% boost on something.

1 Like

I did 300 or so pvp fights yesterday ā€¦ 4 pet gnomes. Itā€™s RNG. Itā€™s the nature of the game.

@Lorien1973is correct. Itā€™s all down to RNG.

1 Like

Iā€™m a programmer and I know Rng itā€™s a big problem and doesnā€™t work how it should on real life. After my last post I got tons of pets during the Gnomes event, itā€™s a life saver.