Devs PLEASE give us Pet Gnomes in explore! šŸ™

Just put them in the same pool as all other gnomes. Where one type of gnome can show up, all types of gnomes should be able to show up.
(Unless there is something which makes a LOT of sense, like even if you would put gnomes in a pet event, you would never put a pet gnome in there)

1 Like

Yep, seems really odd that Pet Gnomes are excluded from Explore now.
Nobody is really doing PvP any more. So very few pet rescues being available besides the one guaranteed every Wednesday.

Maybe the publishers/devs are waiting to see sales figures on the Guild Elite thing first?
Otherwise there will be very few pet rescues in most guilds and nobody will be able to spend gems on them even if they wanted to.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen you mention this on several threads. You do realize the 20% bonus stays on a kingdom until you do an explore run in that kingdom yeah?

6 Likes

Was meaning to bring that up at some point as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

This is a ridiculous amount of ā€˜likesā€™, and I love it:

(Note that the only reason I didnā€™t like it myself is just that I thought there may well be other viable solutions, but Iā€™m very much in support of the general notion and donā€™t think the status quo is good/right.

E.g. One possible step in the right direction could be to make Pet Gnomes the only gnomes available in PvP, so you could at least target them a bit more easily.

Iā€™m also wary of what might be changed in order to ā€˜compensateā€™ for adding them to exploreā€¦ e.g. appearance rate, or whether it might make devs less likely to implement the ā€˜pet not maxed by the player killing the gnomeā€™ suggestion, which I think is very sensible.)

3 Likes

We definitely need something we can lvl pets with adding a pet orb may work we can use like an ascension orb or let us use souls I honestly think we need a second source to lvl pets not just rely on gnomesā€¦especially with all these cosmetics pets that never show back up we need a 2nd source to lvl pets

7 Likes

14 pet alerts posted in our pet rescue discord, thatā€™s just today. I think thatā€™s plenty. Just takes teamwork.

A team of folks doing PvP or the arena. As the game is pushing folks to do Explore instead.

12 Likes

Excluding weekly Pet event, my guild gets one pet a week since the Explore patch. But the happy news is that for only 33 millions for Epic Tasks we can get plenty of pet food!

It takes a real brain to create this mess. Iā€™ve lost my sympathy, respect and hope for the people who make decisions related to this game. I gave them hundreds of dollars, too.

My bad mood is magnified by the fact that opening 200 VIP chests for 10k gems didnā€™t give me even one mythic.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not even seeing pet gnomes in PvP anymore. 2 hours of PvP and nothing. Such a drag :pensive:

4 Likes

I get a little annoyed when I see a gnome in PvP that isnā€™t for Pets.

6 Likes

Hey team, just wanted to do a quick drive by on this.

At this point in time we donā€™t have any plans to add Pet Gnomes to Explore. This may change in the future, but I wanted to let you know where we are on this in the meantime.

3 Likes

Because why give players what they want when it wonā€™t hurt the game economy.
You guys have to see the loss in players and loss in revenue since 4.7 was released.
This seems like such an easy win for yā€™all. But nopeā€¦not interested in retention or satisfaction. Pet gnomes were intended for Arena and PvP. And since then yā€™all have nerfed Arena and PvP. But clearly refuse to put pet gnomes in Exploreā€¦ because???

9 Likes

Appreciate the response, disappointed by the substance of said response :laughing:

6 Likes

@Awryan, what drop in revenue and retention? :stuck_out_tongue:

I know itā€™s not the answer any of you wanted to hear, but I wanted to pop in and let you know what was happening. I hope that this is better than radio silence? If not, let me know!

5 Likes

BOOOOOOOOO!!! dislike a billion

2 Likes

How about making pet gnomes the only gnomes that appear in pvp?

9 Likes

The one every veteran GM can see. And the one you wonā€™t ever confirm nor deny.
Letā€™s say hypothetically that Iā€™m right. If players arenā€™t satisfied with the current game. At what point is more fan service done and less worry about too much gold being earned in PvP?
I expected a consistent fall out after 4.7 was released so perhaps I am biased. Despite our differences. We both want the game to succeed.
But when asked. Will the game be more or less successful if folks are allowed to hunt for pet gnomes in explore? ā€¦ The answer should be an easy more successful.
The only reason not to do it is because PvP is already on deaths door due to nerfs and lack of balance. So taking away the semi exclusiveness of pet gnomes would kill it for good. Or at least until yā€™all revamp pvp.
But that mentality forces individuals to play a game mode they donā€™t enjoy just because they want Pet Rescues. Which over time becomes more like a chore than fun. So they quit the game. Another happy (hopefully paying) player leaves the game due to the desire of keeping PvP relevant. Not a huge deal when itā€™s only 1 or 2. A bigger deal when itā€™s thousands of players (or whales).

4 Likes

My guess is a feature that request that appears to be quite popular is shot down. I canā€™t blame you as the info you are allowed to release is limited.

That said, what isnā€™t being stated speaks volume and leads to speculation. No pet gnomes in explore ā†’ either attempt to keep pvp relevant OR further incentive for baited pet gnome.

There are too many resources release in a rapid time frame. We could use some modes filling multiple goals as only the most active could hope to keep up. You may be hurting more semi casual players where an hour or too a day is hard enough. Heck, putting in 3 or 4 Isnā€™t enough most of the time except for sacrificing fun for efficient farming.

In our ā€œcasualā€ guild most members are largely unaffected by the dip in PvP payouts (since on any given week we have usually 5 uncompleted Epic tasks and most people arenā€™t at the top of the score threshold otherwise). I just went through our pet callout channel in discord. In the months prior to early October 2019, we were averaging about 60+ pets per month (going back, some months 80+). Some weeks were better than others, and obviously not every single pet is called out in the channel, but going back a few months made it pretty clear how different things are now. In the months following October 2019, our pet callout counts have been steadily. Again, not everybody posts, but our most active players are still around as as active as they were before.

In the entire month of January, we had 19 posted alerts. Less than a third of what we were averaging before. And I canā€™t even remember when I was sitting at my computer during that time other than the 4 I posted in there myself. Iā€™m sure many other guilds are experiencing similar. Iā€™m sure the data shows the same thing when looking at guilds comprised of players more than a few months old (those that are less likely to have been heavily grinding explore before the explore revamp).

Iā€™m at the stage in the game where in the next kingdom event cycle, nearly every kingdom power threshold will be gated by owning enough pets to ascend and level a given pet from a kingdom, some of them all the way to mythic. Within the next year, Iā€™m going to need two maxed pets. All of my collection building worthless troops doesnā€™t mean anything if I canā€™t get past these bottlenecks, and I donā€™t have a realistic way to get past them. I canā€™t grind enough PvP by myself to have even a reasonable chance of hitting a pet that I need, and about 75% of the ā€œguaranteedā€ Wednesday pet events are filled with cosmetic pets that stack multiple on kingdoms where it doesnā€™t matter, and if not that, repeat the same pets over and over and over again.

Putting pet gnomes in explore is a start. This will help offset the exodus from PvP due to a result of the increasingly broken matchmaking and payout scaling (the payout scaling and matchmaking arenā€™t even significantly changing outside the low level opponent nerf, but the rest of the game is, and their criteria become less and less relevant, and thus ā€œworseā€ with each score inflation). It doesnā€™t help the other issues with trying to progress the pet system, it just puts us roughly back where we were months ago.

@Saltypatra -
I suppose a good start for a dialogue is finding out exactly how pets are intended to be collected and progressed to the level needed to overcome kingdom power bottlenecks at a point before every other one is completely trivial. Was their appearance rate before considered ā€œtoo oftenā€, even for players in non-top guilds? If not, are they not considered ā€œtoo scareā€ right now? How many years is intended to mythic ascend a pet for a kingdom bottleneck (not all of them, just what is required for progress) without using gems? How many months is intended even if you use gems to buy enough copies of a pet to mythic it as soon as it appears in random rotation?

If the reason for not putting pet gnomes in explore is that it makes them ā€œtoo easyā€ (ie., letting people d1 explore grind to get them), why not just have a minimum difficulty threshold at which they can appear in explore?

If the reason for them not being in explore is ā€œbecause we want to keep people playing PvPā€ despite the numerous worsening flaws, then can we get some kind of idea on a timetable of when these will be addressed? And if the reason is because the PvP revamp is in the pipeline and you think this will boost the numbers back up, this is sort of at least a plan, so maybe convey that to us.

If the ā€œnoā€ is because some other thing is planned to make pets a bit less obnoxious even though we are getting fewer of them total, such as the ā€œthree choicesā€ thing spitballed on stream, then at let us know that you recognize that at least is an issue and that something will be done about it in the future.

Can we get any response to this issue other than basically just ā€œnoā€, such as a reason behind the ā€œnoā€? Iā€™d prefer the real reason, and not ā€œspinā€, because that is not conducive to having a dialogue, it just makes it feel like we are being talked down to. And if we canā€™t get that, because the reasoning is something that you think will make people mad, maybe that reasoning should be readdressed into a solution that would make people less mad? But if you leave people guessing at the reason, they will speculate on one, usually something malicious, especially when the issue festers for a while.

And if its not even considered an ā€œissueā€ at this point, then I beg you to reconsider before it rises to the level of ā€œproblemā€.

24 Likes

IMHO It is already a problem for people that canā€™t instantly mythic every pet they come across.

4 Likes