Devs, enough is enough, Communicate!

It’s starting to get to me, as well. There’s only so much patience one can have for watching the community complaints go unaddressed.

18 Likes

I might be totally wrong here, but, over the past 3-4 months it appears that GoW isn’t their main objective and focus any longer. I totally get and understand that but it would still be nice to get more input from the dev team about the numerous concerns that the community has and have had.

9 Likes

We need something like a monthly Q&A with the devs.

Salty is starting to stream at what I believe is Infinity Plus 2’s headquarters. Seems like it would be pretty easy to use one of those for a quick Q&A with part of the dev team every month just to keep up with things like this in the community.

Some games do a Q&A stream on a weekly basis.

13 Likes

Nimhain’s Lair was good start, but that just seems to have vanished.

4 Likes

Not a bad idea, though it still needs to flow to the community here somehow. Maybe that’s a forum for people to air questions which are then responded to here? Though, at that point, can they just not be bothered to read the forums in the first place?

1 Like

Nimhain’s Lair was about new content. New content is all they seem to care about this year and the only thing about which they communicate.
Nothing about the bugs and the concerns of the community.

6 Likes

In all fairness, they did say they were working on the Impervious fix and should have a fix out in the next two weeks. But that was after @Lyya told us about it 4 or 5 days prior…

1 Like

The wisp menace since the new AI changes and the kraken devour fest has made the game totally unbalanced (thats why impervious exists) and wisps? Seriously. Fizzbang was rightfully neutered after 3 days. Wisps continue in their OP guild wars death march where they can costs guilds 10-15 wins per day, if not more.

We all enjoy fair games, but when you plan for hours against wisps ?? And still lose because the board said “wisps win”.

Not fun

4 Likes

Thought you might appreciate this:

2 Likes

Come on Devs, fix the game already. No one wants to play a broken game literally.

4 Likes

maybe we do need more communication with the devs…

but when their voice representative says that something is completely fine (wisp) - while for the community it is competely wrong - then im getting a feeling no degree of communication will help there,
just feels like the earth rumbled and split, separating devs and players into two complete isolated and different worlds

usually at least they did acknowledge the issues

edit: this is outdated, i heard devs are investigating wisp further

7 Likes

There will be a fix coming for impervious with the next mini update which will be released within the next week or two. There will also be a bunch of other fixes and a few quality of life improvements. When we have more information about the release date I will let everyone know.

And yes, that was one of the hopes for streaming. There will be time put aside each month (hopefully! Don’t quote me on that, it might change!) for the devs to jump on and answer community questions;. If players are worried about missing these streams I am happy to run a thread with the most liked questions being asked during the stream, as well as what else is asked during the time we are live.

Unfortunately, Nim and Sirrian don’t have the time to be on here as the game grows rapidly. Streaming was one of the ideas we had been throwing around for a while to address this. Once we have an official date for the first Q and A I will give plenty (at least two weeks) of notice.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply Salty, but if I may be so bold:
The game growth you are referring to is being initiated by the devs, new content weekly, right?
I think it would be more than appropriate to put the NEW on hold to fix the NOW.

Thanks for being our voice to the devs. I know it can be a difficult job and in many cases, thankless. So wanted to share some love! :heart:

5 Likes

Yes, part of the growth is content, but that is only part of it. The number of players that we are supporting is always growing across all our platforms, and there is some other (secret! 8D) stuff in the works as well.

And we are working on fixing the now! That’s why we are releasing a mini update so soon.

5 Likes

Love to hear about Secret stuff!

But to shed some light on what I and others are thinking, again an FYI here, no animosity. Your quick mini update is still potentially two weeks away.

When a hot fix can be pushed for Fizzbang in, 3 days was it? Then it is frustrating to see this impervious bug taking upwards of 3 WEEKS.

Hugs! :hugs:

5 Likes

The impervious fix required a client fix, so it couldn’t be pushed as easily. (YAY APPROVAL PROCESSES. EVERYONE LOVES APPROVAL PROCESSES.)

Also we are hoping to release this fix on console and PC/Mobile at the same time. Fingers crossed!

(I don’t think the fix will take two weeks, but I’m being careful!)

9 Likes

Cool. I appreciate the info.

One last question:

The approval process you speak of, is this approval from Sony/Microsoft? In which case, is this the new standard that we PC/Mobile should expect?

Just so we can set appropriate expectations when fixes are required.

And yes, I realize that was two questions… sorry… :innocent:

1 Like

This information would have been nice to know a couple of weeks ago. I thought this was an unimportant bug for you guys and that’s why it’s taken so long to fix and because of this it has made me even more annoyed at the bug.

1 Like

I have mentioned in the past that this fix would require a client update. This forum is moving increasingly fast however, so it’s likely to have disappeared into the depths.

5 Likes

Sorry I never saw that.